Core courses are listed below. Depending upon your MS track, you will take either one or two core courses. All course courses are 3 credit hours.
- Automatic Control (AC): ECE 60200, Lumped System Theory
- Communications Networks and Signal and Image Processing (CNSIP): ECE 60000, Random Variables and Signals
- Computer Engineering (CE): ECE 60800, Computational Models and Methods
- Fields and Optics (FO): ECE 60400, Electromagnetic Field Theory
- Microelectronics and Nanotechnology (MN): ECE 60600, Solid State Devices
- Power and Energy Systems (PES), ECE 61000, Energy Conversion
- VLSI and Circuit Design (VLSI): ECE 55900, MOS VLSI Design
Primary and related areas: All MSECE students must select a primary area of interest and take the associated core course. The area of the second core course, if required, is considered the student’s related area.