Haifeng Wang2012 - Associate Professor
Contact701 W. Stadium Avenue
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2045
Office: ARMS 3313
Office Phone: (765) 494 4093
Office Fax: (765) 494 0307
Interests• Turbulence and combustion modeling
• Fluid mechanics and computational modeling
• Multi-phase flows
• Propulsion and energy systems
• Machine learning and data-driven modeling
Awards and Major Appointments• American Chemical Society Petroleum Research Fund Doctoral New Investigator award, 2014
• Bernard Lewis Fellowship, Combustion Institute, 2012
Publications(Selected publications. Full list is at https://engineering.purdue.edu/CEPL/publication.html)
- T.A. Pant, C. Han, H. Wang. Examination of errors of table integration in flamelet/progress variable modeling of a turbulent non-premixed jet flame. Applied Mathematical Modeling, 2019, 72: 369-384.
- T.A. Pant, C. Han, H. Wang. Computational investigations of the coupling between transient flame dynamics and thermo-acoustic instability in a self-excited resonance combustor. Combustion Theory and Modelling, 2019, 23(5): 854-884.
- H. Wang, P. Zhang, T. Pant. Consistency and convergence of Eulerian Monte Carlo field method for solving transported probability density function equation in turbulence modeling. Physics of Fluids, 2018, 30: 115106.
- C. Han, H. Wang. Reynolds-number power-law scaling of differential molecular diffusion in turbulent nonpremixed combustion, Physical Review Fluids, 2018, 3, 103201.
- C. Han, T.A. Pant, U. Jain, H. Wang. Consistent modeling of differential molecular diffusion to yield desired Reynolds-number power-law scaling. Physics of Fluids, 2018, 30: 085108.
- S. Biswas, P. Zhang, H. Wang, L. Qiao. Propagation and extinction behavior of methane/air premixed flames through straight and converging-diverging microchannel. Applied Thermal Engineering, 2018, 148: 1395-1406.
- P. Zhang, H. Wang. Variance consistent mean shift particle model for treating differential molecular diffusion in transported PDF methods for turbulent reactive flows. Computers and Fluids, 2018, 170: 53-76.
- T.A. Pant, H. Wang. An Empirical Model Relating Pressure Drop and Mass Flow Rate in General Internal Flows: Theoretical Basis and Sensitivity Analysis. Journal of Applied Fluid Mechanics, 2018, 2(11): 419-432
- H. Wang, T. Pant, P. Zhang. LES/PDF modeling of turbulent premixed flames with locally enhanced mixing by reaction. Flow Turbulence and Combustion, 2018, 100: 147-175.
- P. Zhang, A. Masri, H. Wang, Studies of the flow and turbulence fields in a turbulent pulsed jet flame using LES/PDF. Combustion Theory and Modelling, 2017, 21: 897-924.
- C. Han, H. Wang. A comparison of different approaches to integrate flamelet tables with presumed-shape PDF in flamelet models for turbulent flames. Combustion Theory and Modeling, 2017, 21: 603-629.
- C. Han, D.O. Lignell, E.R. Hawkes, J.H. Chen, H. Wang. Examination of differential molecular diffusion in DNS of turbulent non-premixed flames. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 2017, 42: 11879-11892.
- H. Wang, P. Zhang. A unified view of pilot stabilized turbulent jet flames for model assessment across different combustion regimes. Proceedings of the Combustion Institute, 2017, 36: 1693-1703.
- H. Wang. Consistent flamelet modeling of differential molecular diffusion for turbulent non-premixed flames. Physics of Fluids, 2016, 28, 035102.
- S. Biswas, S. Tanvir, H. Wang, L. Qiao. On ignition mechanisms of premixed CH4/air and H2/air using a hot turbulent jet generated by pre-chamber combustion. Applied Thermal Engineering, 2016, 106: 925-937.
- H. Wang, K. Kim. Effect of molecular transport on PDF modeling of turbulent non-premixed flames. Proceedings of the Combustion Institute, 2015, 35(2): 1137-1145.
- P.P. Popov, H. Wang, S. B. Pope. Specific volume coupling and convergence properties in Hybrid particle/finite volume algorithms for turbulent reactive flows. Journal of Computational Physics, 2015, 294: 110-126.
- H. Wang, M. Juddoo, S.H. Starner, A.R. Masri, S.B. Pope. A novel transient turbulent jet flame for studying turbulent combustion. Proceedings of the Combustion Institute, 2013, 34: 1251-1259.
- Y. Yang, H. Wang, S.B. Pope, J.H. Chen. Large-eddy simulation/probability density function modeling of a non-premixed CO/H2 temporally evolving jet flame. Proceedings of the Combustion Institute, 2013, 34: 1241-1249.
- V. Hiremath, S.R. Lantz, H. Wang, S.B. Pope. Large-scale parallel simulations of turbulent combustion using combined dimension reduction and tabulation of chemistry. Proceedings of the Combustion Institute, 2013, 34: 205-215.
Other InformationFor additional information, please visit