Haifeng Wang2012 - Assistant Professor
Contact701 W. Stadium Avenue
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2045
Office: ARMS 3313
Office Phone: (765) 494 4093
Office Fax: (765) 494 0307
Interests• Turbulence and combustion modeling
• Fluid mechanics and computational modeling
• Multi-phase flows
• Propulsion and energy systems
Awards and Major Appointments• American Chemical Society Petroleum Research Fund Doctoral New Investigator award, 2014
• Bernard Lewis Fellowship, Combustion Institute, 2012
• H. Wang, P. Zhang. A unified view of pilot stabilized turbulent jet flames for model assessment across different combustion regimes. Proceedings of the Combustion Institute, 2017, (in print)
• H. Wang. Consistent flamelet modeling of differential molecular diffusion for turbulent non-premixed flames. Physics of Fluids, 2016, 28, 035102.
• H. Wang, K. Kim. Effect of molecular transport on PDF modeling of turbulent non-premixed flames. Proceedings of the Combustion Institute, 2015, 35(2): 1137-1145.
• H. Wang, M. Juddoo, S.H. Starner, A.R. Masri, S.B. Pope. A novel transient turbulent jet flame for studying turbulent combustion. Proceedings of the Combustion Institute, 2013, 34: 1251-1259.
• H. Wang, S.B. Pope. Large eddy simulation/probability density function modeling of a turbulent CH4/H2/N2 jet flame. Proceedings of the Combustion Institute, 2011, 33: 1319-1330.
• S. Viswanathan, H. Wang, S. B. Pope. Numerical implementation of mixing and molecular transport in LES/PDF studies of turbulent reacting flows. Journal of Computational Physics, 2011, 230(17): 6916-6957.
• K.A. Kemenov, H. Wang, S.B. Pope. Turbulence resolution scale dependence in large-eddy simulations of a jet flame. Flow, Turbulence and Combustion, 2011, DOI 10.1007/s10494-011-9380-x.
• K.A. Kemenov, H. Wang, S.B. Pope. Modeling effects of subgrid-scale mixture fraction variance in LES of a piloted diffusion flame. Combustion Theory and Modelling, 2011, DOI 10.1080/13647830.2011.645881.
• H. Wang, P. P. Popov, and S. B. Pope. Weak second order splitting schemes for Lagrangian Monte Carlo particle methods for the composition PDF/FDF transport equations. Journal of Computational Physics, 2010, 229: 1852-1878.
• H. Wang, S.B. Pope. Time averaging strategies in the finite-volume/particle hybrid algorithm for the joint PDF equation of turbulent reactive flows. Combustion Theory and Modelling, 2008, 12(3): 529-544.
• H. Wang, S.B. Pope. Lagrangian investigation of local extinction, re-ignition and auto- ignition in turbulent flames. Combustion Theory and Modelling, 2008, 12(5): 857-882.
• H. Wang. Investigation of trajectories of inviscid fluid particles in two dimensional rotating boxes. Theoretical and Computational Fluid Dynamics, 2008, 22(1): 21-35.
• R. Cao, H. Wang, S.B. Pope. The effect of mixing models in PDF calculations of piloted jet flames. Proceedings of the Combustion Institute, 2007, 31: 1543-1550.
Other InformationFor additional information, such as RA openings, please visit