Combined BSAAE/MSAA Program
The combined BSAAE/MSAA program allows qualified applicants to receive the BSAAE and MSAA degree in as little as five years. The program provides a seamless transition from undergraduate to graduate studies and allows for courses to be dual counted towards both degrees, thereby reducing the overall time required for the MS degree. This program is only available to students in the BSAAE program.
Note: Meeting the program criteria, outlined below, does not guarantee you will be accepted. We review each application on its strengths and weakness and must also take into account capacity, just as we do when considering our regular graduate school applications.
To apply for the BSAAE/MSAA program you must meet the following criteria:
- 3 full semesters of undergraduate AAE program left at time of application
- Cumulative GPA 3.4 or higher at time of application
- One Reference Form from an AAE professor that you may have had for a 300-, 400- or 500-level course or one that you may have worked on research with
- Statement of Purpose
- Attend the optional mid-semester information session to learn about the program in semester 5 (typically fall of junior year)
Complete the BSAAE/MSAA Program Application and have a recommendation form submitted on your behalf all by Friday of Finals week (for 1st semester Juniors):
BS/MS Application Form
Note: The application is in a survey format. Here is an example of the questions that will be asked.
The application will ask you to upload your statement of purpose. Here is a template that you can use and have ready to upload to your application.
For the recommendation, please send the link below to the professor who has agred to be your recommender and ask them to submit it for you:
Note: The recommendation form is in a survey format. Here is an example of the questions that your recommender will be asked.
This application format is different than in previous semesters and new for the Fall 2022 application. The previous application forms will still be accepted from those students who had previously accessed them. For any questions about the application process, please contact Morgan Delaney.
- BS/MS Application Form
- Receive application decision by early March of the following semester
- If approved, student will be directed to complete Purdue Graduate School application
Dual course information
Students will take a maximum of 12 credit hours of graduate coursework during the final two semesters.
- These courses may be “dual-counted” for both the undergraduate BSAAE and graduate MSAA degrees.
- Grades of B- or better are required for the dual-counted graduate courses for graduate credit and to remain in the BSAAE/MSAA program.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher at time of BSAAE degree completion