- Grad school in the US: An opinionated view. IIT Kharagpur, Computer Science and Engineering, August 4, 2023.
- Security in distributed Machine Learning. IIT Kharagpur, Computer Science and Engineering, August 4, 2023.
- Dependability and Machine Learning: A Grand Challenge of the Times. Waseda University, Tokyo, July 19, 2023.
- Quick Reconfiguration in Cloud Computing. IEEE Communication Society Technical Committee on Communications Software: Special Interest Group on “NFV and SDN Technologies”, February 27, 2023.
- Dependability and Data Analytics: A Match made in the Cloud. Keynote at IEEE COMSNETS, Bengaluru, India, January 6, 2023.
- Dependability and Data Analytics: A Match made in the Cloud.
- University of Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland, June 20, 2022.
- University of California at Irvine, Irvine, CA, October 28, 2022.
- Making Wimpy Devices Do Strong Analytics. Keynote at Amazon USC Center on Secure and Trusted ML, Los Angeles, CA, April 22, 2022.
- Dependability: Meet Data Analytics. Distinguished seminar at U of Lisbon, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, October 28, 2020.
- SCRAMBLE: Secure, Real-Time Decision-Making for the Autonomous Battlefield. Northrop Grumman AI Summit, October 7, 2020.
- Why you should all become Computer Engineers. A talk given to incoming sophomores in our department, Fall 2020. Some of it is Purdue specific, but there is cheerleading material about our technical area in there too.
- (Video) IoT research and deployment as part of the WHIN Center. For the annual WHIN meeting, recorded September 2020.
- BASCPS: Behavioral Decision Making in Security Games for Protecting Multi-Defender Cyber Physical Systems. Presentation at U of Pennsylvania, Department of Computer and Information Science, September 2019.
- Community Resilience Considering the Interdependence of Innovation Ecosystem and Physical Infrastructures. Presentation at the Discovery Park Fourth Annual Conference on Convergence and the Future of Research at Purdue, August 29, 2019.
- Assured Autonomy. Game-theoretic Security. Presentation to Sandia visitors at Purdue, June 12, 2019.
- How to get into the graduate school of my dreams. Presentation at the HKN student forum at Purdue, November 29, 2018. [ Audio ]
- Learning about protecting distributed infrastructure from behavioral economists. Lightning talk at HotSec 18, held with Usenix Security, Baltimore, MD, August 14, 2018. [ Security game video ]
- Panel on “The Internet’s Present and Future:Technology and Policy Grand Challenges”. Moderator’s remarks, as part of the visit by Robert Kahn to the College of Engineering at Purdue, April 27, 2018. [ Video ]
- Dependability for Computer Systems meets Data Analytics. Talk at Texas A&M, April 12, 2018.
- Human Biases Meet Cybersecurity of Embedded and Networked Systems. Joint talk with Shreyas Sundaram on our NSF SaTC and Sandia project. At the CERIAS Annual Symposium, Purdue University, April 3, 2018. [ Video ]
- A Few Broad Emerging Themes in CPS/IoT. Remarks at the Engineering Faculty Conversation on CPS/IoT, Purdue University, January 26, 2018.
- Dependability for Computer Systems meets Data Analytics. Bradley Distinguished Seminar, Virginia Tech, October 6, 2017.
- Saurabh’s material for the fact checking presentation and discussion at the IFIP Working Group 10.4 on Dependable Computing and Fault Tolerance. This includes the quiz/survey on what is check-worthy as a political statement and results of that survey. The talk and discussion happened at the meeting held in Longmont, Colorado June 22-25, 2017. [ Presentation (Powerpoint) ] [ Quiz ] [ Survey link ] [ Answers for survey ]
- Security through Formal Methods and Secure Architecture. Panel discussion at CERIAS Annual Security Symposium, Purdue on April 18, 2017. [ Video ]
- Fortifying Distributed Applications against Errors. (Powerpoint Show) Presentation by Saurabh Bagchi at Purdue on February 15, 2017.
- Dependability in a connected world: From the very large to the very small. Presentation by Saurabh Bagchi at TCS R&D Labs, Kolkata, India on Jan 19, 2017.
- A Study of Failures in Community Clusters. Presentation by Saurabh Bagchi at ISSRE in Ottawa, Canada on October 24, 2016.
- Towards Secure and Resilient Networked Embedded Systems. (Brief) presentation by Saurabh Bagchi to ONR Visitors, at Purdue on March 30, 2016.
- Dependable computing: an unfolding story. Presentation by Saurabh Bagchi at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India on January 18, 2016.
- Fast Training on Large Genomics Data using Distributed Support Vector Machines. Presentation by Somali ChaterjiÂ atÂ the 8th International Conference on Communication Systems and Networks
(COMSNETS), January 5-9, 2016.
- Defending AgainstÂ Strategic Adversaries in Dynamic Pricing Markets for Smart Grids. Presentation by Saurabh Bagchi atÂ the 8th International Conference on Communication Systems and NetworksÂ (COMSNETS), January 5-9, 2016.
- Dependable computing: from the very large to the very small. Presentation by Saurabh Bagchi at the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India on January 7, 2016.
- Fresco: Open failure data repository. Bird-of-Feather presentation by Saurabh Bagchi at the Supercomputing conference, November 18, 2015.
- STATuner: Efficient Tuning of CUDA Kernels Parameters. Presentation by Ravi Gupta and Ignacio Laguna at the Supercomputing conference, November 13-15, 2018. [ YouTube link ]Â Â [ Abstract ]
- Dealing with the Unknown: Resilience to Prediction Errors. Presentation by Subrata Mitra at 24th International Conference on Parallel Architectures and Compilation Techniques (PACT),Â October 18-21, 2015.
- Dependability in a Connected World: Research in Action in the Operational Trenches. Keynote by Saurabh Bagchi at the 34th International Symposium on Reliable Distributed Systems (SRDS), Montreal, Canada, September 28, 2015. [ Recording ] (Webex format .wrf)
An Ensemble SVM Model for the Accurate Prediction of Non-Canonical MicroRNA Targets. Presentation by Somali Chaterji at the ACM-BCB conference, September 10, 2015.
- ICE: An Integrated Configuration Engine forÂ Interference Mitigation in Cloud Services. Presentation by Saurabh Bagchi atÂ 12th IEEE International Conference on Autonomic Computing (ICAC), July 7-10, 2015.
A Very Personal and Somewhat Opinionated View of Grad School in the USÂ . Presentation by Saurabh Bagchi. At IIT Kharagpur on January 8, 2015. This gives a (very?) subjective view of the pros and cons of graduate school in the US (and possibly Canada) and how to go about applying for it.
Cybersecurity Operations in a Multi-Institutional Academic Setting: The NEES Story. Presentation by Saurabh Bagchi. At CTSC Cybersecurity Summit, Arlington, VA, August 27, 2014.
Countering Evolving Threats in Distributed Applications: Scientific PrinciplesÂ . Presentation by Saurabh Bagchi. At Sandia National Labs in Albuquerque, NM, July 30, 2014.
Applying Machine Learning to Computer System Dependability Problems. Presentation by Saurabh Bagchi. At IBM Research in Austin, July 10, 2013.
Performance Debugging for Highly Parallel Accelerator Architectures. Presentation by Saurabh Bagchi. At DSN PC meeting in EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland Feb 22, 2013.
Debugging at Large Scales using â€œTriumph of Majorityâ€ Principle and Scaling Properties. Presentation by Saurabh Bagchi. At USC-ISI in Marina Del Rey, CA in the Computational Sciences Division on Nov 8, 2012.
Three Significant Trends in Mobile Security: Threats and SolutionsÂ . Presentation by Saurabh Bagchi. At the 13th Annual CERIAS Security Symposium on Apr 3, 2012. [Â Text file with some primary sourcesÂ ]
Characterizing Failures in Mobile OSes: A Case Study with Android and Symbian. Amiya Kumar Maji, Kangli Hao, Salmin Sultana, Saurabh Bagchi
Large Scale Debugging of Parallel Tasks using Scaling Properties and â€œTriumph of Majorityâ€ Principle. Presentation by Saurabh Bagchi at IBM Research in Austin, Texas. It was given May 25, 2011
Stateful Detection in High Throughput Distributed Systems. Presentation by Saurabh Bagchi at IBM Research in Delhi, India. It was given November 3, 2010.
Secure Embedded Wireless Networks. Presentation by Saurabh Bagchi at Ingersoll-Rand in Carmel, Indiana (Organized by Purdue’s Office of Technology Commercializaiton). It was given September 23, 2010.
Responses to Cyber Attacks in Distributed Systems. Presentation by Saurabh Bagchi at Air Force Research Lab in Rome, New York. It was given August 17th, 2010.
PhD: The First Chapter in an Exciting (mostly) Journey!Â Presentation by Saurabh Bagchi at SECON Conference in Boston, MA. It was given June 24, 2010.
Responses to Cyber Attacks in Distributed Systems. Presentaiton by Saurabh Bagchi at ARFL Workshop, Dartmouth College. It was given April 22, 2010.
Toward Dependable and Controllable Wireless Networks. Presentation by Saurabh Bagchi at the UIUC Wireless Summer School. This was for a panel titled “Future Research Directions in Wireless Networks” and was held on August 5.
Non Intrusive Detection of Errors in High Throughput Distributed Applications. Presentation by Saurabh Bagchi at the Lawrence Livermore National Lab to the Center for Applied Scientific Computing (CASC), July 13, 2009.
Security Architectures for Dealing with the Unknown.Â Presentation by Saurabh Bagchi, to CERIAS External Advisory Board after the CERIAS Annual Security Symposium, March 28, 2009.
Secure Embedded Wireless Networks.Â Presentation by Saurabh Bagchi, to venture capitalists as part of the Road Show organized by Purdue’s Office of Technology Commercialization, at Fort Wayne, IN, September 10, 2008.
Non Intrusive Detection & Diagnosis of Failures in High Throughput Parallel Applications.Â Presentation by Saurabh Bagchi to Lawrence Livermore National Lab, August 11, 2008.
Dependable Middleware for Wireless Sensor and Mesh Networks.Â Presentation by Saurabh Bagchi to Crane, June 30, 2008.
Research in Service Learning: A Tricky Path but with Potential Windfall.Â Presentation by Saurabh Bagchi at the EPICS Annual Symposium, May 22, 2008.
A Very Personal List of Caveats and Wishes for System Research.Â Presentation by Saurabh Bagchi, as member of “Systems” panel, at the 4th ITI Workshop on Dependability and Security: Opportunities and Challenges in Building an Overarching Community, November 30, 2007.
Distributed Diagnosis of Failures in a Three Tier E-Commerce System.Â Presentation at the 26th IEEE International Symposium on Reliable Distributed Systems (SRDS 2007), October 11, 2007.
Stateful Detection in High Throughput Distributed Systems.Â Presentation at the 26th IEEE International Symposium on Reliable Distributed Systems (SRDS 2007), October 11, 2007.
- Stream: Low Overhead Wireless Reprogramming for Sensor Networks.Â Presentation at the 26th Annual IEEE Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM), May 9, 2007.
- Non Intrusive Detection & Diagnosis of Failures in High Throughput Distributed Applications. Presentation to executives from Sun Microsystems at Purdue on Apr 2, 2007.
- Failure Prediction in Cycle Sharing Distributed Systems. Joint work with Joanne Ren and Prof. Rudi Eigenmann. Presentation at UT-Austin, Dept. of Computer Science, Mar. 2, 2007.
- Correlation based intrusion detection and its application to Voice over IP system. Presentation at the ECE graduate seminar at Purdue on Sep 7, 2006.
- Achieving High Survivability in Distributed Systems through Automated Intrusion Response. Presentation at the IFIP WG 10.4 meeting in Annapolis , MD on July 2, 2006.
- Robust Communication in Sensor Networks Resistant to Node Compromise and Failures. Presentation at Georgia Tech, Oct 26, 2004. Also at the ECE graduate seminar Nov 11, 2004.
- SCIDIVE: A Stateful and Cross Protocol Intrusion Detection Architecture for Voice-over-IP Environments. IEEE Dependable Systems and Networks Conference (DSN 2004), June 28-July 1, 2004, Florence , Italy.
- Robust Location Determination in Wireless Ad-hoc Networks. Nipoon Malhotra. Masters Thesis submitted in partial fulfillment of the MSECE degree. Supervisor: Prof. Saurabh Bagchi. Submitted: July 2004.
- Fault Tolerant Energy Aware Data Dissemination Protocol in Sensor Network. IEEE Dependable Systems and Networks Conference (DSN 2004), June 28-July 1, 2004, Florence, Italy.
- Analysis and Evaluation of Topological and Application Characteristics of Unreliable Mobile Wireless Ad-hoc Network. The 10th IEEE Pacific Rim Dependable Computing Conference (PRDC’ 04), March 2004.
A comparative study on data fault tolerant requirements for data propagation in sensor networks.Â Fast Abstract in DSN 2003.
- Robust Data Dissemination Protocols in Wireless Sensor Networks. Presentation at ECE graduate seminar in September, 2003.
- Disruption Tolerance System for a Distributed E-Commerce Platform. Purdue presentation on the disruption tolerance project in September, 2003.
- Smart Cards As Building Blocks for Dependable Distributed Systems. Presentation given to IEEE SmartCard Committee at Purdue, April 2003.
- Computer Engineering Area presentations, April 2003. Given to incoming graduate students to the ECE department.Â
SoftwareÂ –Â ArchitectureÂ –Â Artificial Intelligence.
- ECE Graduate Seminar Presentation, March 2003Â . Overview of research in systems and architecture by three of us – Prof. Lu, Prof. Mithuna and Prof. Bagchi. (Restricted access to purdue.edu hosts)
- ECE Graduate Seminar Presentation, March 2003Â . Same as above for external access.
- Presentation to Motorola, February 2003Â . Application of disruption tolerance to cellular architectures.
- Collaborative Intrusion Detection System (CIDS): A Framework for Accurate and Efficient IDS.Â the 19th Annual Computer Security Applications Conference, December 8-12, 2003, Las Vegas , Nevada .
- Data Dissemination Protocol in Sensor Networks to Tolerate Node and Link Failures. Fast Abstract in DSN 2003.