Here are some media mentions of the work at DCSL.
- [November 2017] Our work on game theory and cybersecurity is profiled. The work involves colleagues Shreyas Sundaram (ECE), Tim Cason (Economics) and graduate students Mostafa Abdalla and Aritra Mitra. [ Web page ]
- [April 2017] DCSL graduate students Tara Thomas and Heng Zhang are featured in a US News article on the career options open after graduate school in Computer Engineering. [ Web page ]
- [April 2017] The panel that we organized at the CERIAS Annual Symposium on “Security through Formal Methods and Secure Architecture”. Saurabh was moderating the panel and the panelists were Ben Delaware (Purdue), Roopsha Samanta (Purdue), and Matt Wilding (Principal Engineering Manager, Rockwell Collins). [ Video ]
- [October 2016] Our NIH project on the metagenomics system called MG-RAST, jointly with Argonne National Lab. This project, funded as an NIH R01 through the NIAID institute, is going to go from 2016-21. This lays the foundation for a new distributed cyberinfrastructure for handling large volumes of metagenomics data and processing. [ Purdue story ] [ Genome Web ]
- [October 2016] Saurabh is elected to be on the IEEE Computer Society Board of Governors. The Board of Governors sets the direction and determines the strategy for the Computer Society, and provides guidance at the policy level to all Society organizational entities. At each election cycle, there are 7 members elected to serve on the Board of Governors. [ Purdue story ] [ IEEE ]
- [July 2014] “Supercomputing tools speed simulations”. Our work with Lawrence Livermore National Lab on building tools for automated problem debugging is highlighted. The article talks of important simulations that were helped by our technique and tool. [ LLNL ]
- [June 2012] Our work on speeding up the simulations by detecting nascent errors in the large Department of Energy supercomputers was highlighted. [ Purdue story ] [ Science Daily ] [ Purdue Exponent ]