- Chris Brinton: Secure distributed ML
- David Inouye: Secure distributed ML
- Aniket Kate: Secure distributed protocols for CPS
- Milind Kulkarni: Reliable parallel applications
- Aravind Machiry: Secure IoT systems
- Chunyi Peng: Reliable edge computing
- Qiang Qiu: Secure distributed learning
- Vishal Shrivastav: In-network inferencing
- Eugene Spafford: Deception for enhancing computer security
- Shreyas Sundaram: Game theory for embedded security
Outside Purdue External Collaborators
- Salman Avestimehr, Ramesh Govindan: University of Southern California
- Yin Li: University of Wisconsin at Madison
- Rajesh Panta, Kaustubh Joshi: AT&T Labs
- Sameh Elnikety: Microsoft Research
- Mathias Payer: EPFL, Switzerland
- Rudi Eigenmann: University of Delaware
- Subrata Mitra, Kanak Mahadik, Shiv Saini: Adobe Research
- Arash Nourian, Bratin Saha: Amazon AWS
- Shin Matsumura, Rosa Lahiji: Boeing Research & Technology (BR&T)
- Kevin Chan, Zach Hare, Peng Wang: Army Research Lab
DCSL Award Winners
|Semester||Group Champ||Best Fresher||Superstar Undergrad|
|Spring 2023||Atul Sharma|
"For showing how you can learn securely”
“For being edge-y and offloading smartly”
“For taming genomics and computer systems”
|Year||Group Champ Awardee||Best Fresher Awardee|
|Fall 2021||Mustafa Abdallah|
"For making the twain meet: theory and practice of distributed security"
"For showing how to secure decentralized learning"
|Spring 2021||Ran Xu|
"For uncovering video power on tiny devices"
"For making our tiny devices more secure"
|Fall 2020||Mustafa Abdallah|
"Showing that applying game theory to improve security is serious business"
"Showing that tiny devices can agree even in Byzantium"
|Fall 2019||Heng Zhang|
"For making mobile magic"
"For making ML meaningful"
|Spring 2018||Ashraf Mahgoub|
"Taming the power of Cassandras"
|Pradeep Venkata Kotipalli
"Fast and accurate: in GPU programs"
|Fall 2017||Ran Xu|
"Accuracy, Reliability, & Speed: Making the twains meet"
"For gaming all the way to security"
|Spring 2017||Paul Wood|
"All systems firing on all cylinders"
"For showing that we do not have to choose between accuracy and speed"
"For harnessing the wisdom of the crowds"
|Spring 2016||Subrata Mitra|
"For bringing reliable system design principles to real systems"
|Tara Elizabeth Thomas
"For bringing optimization and simulation to an alien world of GE advanced manufacturing"
|Fall 2015||Nawanol Theera-Ampornpunt |
"For application of ML to computer systems and genomics problems"
|Christopher Michael Wright
"For creating a new DSL and its compiler infrastructure"
"For bringing the discipline of dependable computing to the magical work of genomics
"For work on NEES operations and systems debugging "
"For fearlessly working with Androids and Blades"
"For work on performance evaluation and debugging of distributed applications For handling multiple bosses "
"For infusing path-breaking bioinformatics work into DCSL"
"For innovative work in embedded system debugging and taking bold steps toward commercializing it"
"For innovative work in large-scale system debugging and leading the LLNL collaboration"