Alexey Shashurin2015 - Assistant Professor
DegreesB.Sc., Physics, Nizhny Novgorod State University, Russia, 1996
M.Sc., Physics, Nizhny Novgorod State University, Russia, 1998
Ph.D., School of Engineering, Dept. Interdisciplinary Studies, Tel Aviv University, 2008
Contact701 W. Stadium Ave.
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2045
Office: ARMS 3331
Lab Phone: (765) 496-0618
InterestsLaser-induced plasma for combustion diagnostics; Electric propulsion; Nanosecond repetitive pulsed discharges for flow control; Plasma biomedical engineering; Generation, diagnostics and applications of cold plasmas.
PublicationsRecent publications (out of more 70+):
1. X. Wang, and A. Shashurin "Gas thermometry by optical emission spectroscopy enhanced with probing nanosecond plasma pulse" AIAA Journal, accepted (2020).
2. R. Patel, Y. Zhang, and A. Shashurin "Liquid-fed pulsed plasma thruster with low-energy surface flashover igniter for propelling nanosatellites" J. Propul. Power, accepted (2020).
3. X. Wang, A. Khomenko, and A. Shashurin "Enhancement of positive pulsed corona by dielectric enclosure" AIP Advances 9, 105029 (2019).
4. A. Sharma, M.N. Slipchenko, M.N. Shneider, K.A. Rahman, and A. Shashurin "Direct measurement of electron numbers created at near-infrared laser-induced ionization of various gases" J. Appl. Phys. 125, 193301 (2019).
5. Y. Zhang, O. Dary and A. Shashurin "Low Energy Surface Flashover for Initiation of Electric Propulsion Devices" Plasma Res. Express 1, 015010 (2019).
6. X. Wang, P. Stockett, R. Jagannath, S. Bane, and A. Shashurin "Time-Resolved Measurements of Electron Density in Nanosecond Pulsed Plasmas Using Microwave Scattering" Plasma Sources Sci. Technol. 27, 07LT02 (2018).
7. X. Cheng, W. Rowe, L. Ly, A. Shashurin, T. Zhuang, S. Wigh, G. Basadonna, B. Trink, M. Keidar, and J. Canady "Treatment of Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Cells with the Canady Cold Plasma Conversion System: Preliminary Results" Plasma 1, 218 (2018).
8. L. Ly, S. Jones, A. Shashurin, T. Zhuang, W. Rowe, X. Cheng, S. Wigh, T. Naab, M. Keidar, and J. Canady "A New Cold Plasma Jet: Performance Evaluation of Cold Plasma, Hybrid Plasma and Argon Plasma Coagulation" Plasma 1, 189 (2018).
9. A. Dhiman, A. Sharma, A. Shashurin, and V. Tomar "Strontium Titanate Composites for Microwave-Based Stress Sensing" JOM, 70, 1811 (2018).
10. A. Sharma, M.N. Slipchenko, M.N. Shneider, X. Wang, K.A. Rahman, and A. Shashurin "Counting the electrons in a multiphoton ionization by elastic scattering of microwaves" Sci. Reports 8, 2874 (2018).
11. X. Wang and A. Shashurin "Study of atmospheric pressure plasma jet parameters generated by DC voltage driven cold plasma source" J. Appl. Phys. 122, 063301 (2017).
12. X. Wang and A. Shashurin "DC-driven plasma gun: self-oscillatory operation mode of atmospheric-pressure helium plasma jet comprised of repetitive streamer breakdowns" Plasma Sources Sci. Technol. 26, 02LT02 (2017).
13. G. Teel, A. Shashurin, X. Fang, and M. Keidar "Discharge ignition in the micro-cathode arc thruster" J. Appl. Phys. 121, 023303 (2017).
14. A. Shashurin, X. Fang, D. Zemlyanov and M Keidar "Substrate independent approach for synthesis of graphene platelet networks" Nanotechnology 28, 255604 (2017).
15. E. Gjika, M. Pekker, A. Shashurin, M. Shneider, T. Zhuang, J. Canady and M. Keidar "The cutting mechanism of the electrosurgical scalpel" J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 50, 025401 (2017).
16. X. Cheng, K. Rajjoub, A. Shashurin, D.Yan, J.H. Sherman, K. Bian, F. Murad, and M. Keidar "Enhancing Cold Atmospheric Plasma Treatment of Cancer Cells by Static Magnetic Field" Bioelectromagnetics 38, 53 (2017).
17. E. Gjika, D. Scott, A. Shashurin, T. Zhuang, J. Canady and M. Keidar "Plasma-Tissue Interactions in Argon Plasma Coagulation: Effects of Power and Tissue Resistance" Plasma Medicine 6, 125 (2016).
18. X. Fang, A. Shashurin, G. Teel, M. Keidar "Determining synthesis region of the single wall carbon nanotubes in arc plasma volume" Carbon 107, 273 (2016).
19. A. Shashurin and M. Keidar "Experimental approaches for studying non-equilibrium atmospheric plasma jets" Phys. Plasmas 22, 122002 (2015).
20. M. Kundrapu, J. Loverich, K. Beckwith, P. Stoltz, A. Shashurin and M. Keidar "Modeling Radio Communication Blackout and Blackout Mitigation in Hypersonic Vehicles" J. Spacecraft Rockets 52, 853 (2015).
21. A. Shashurin, M. Keidar "Synthesis of 2D materials in arc plasmas" J.Phys. D Appl. Phys. 48, 314007 (2015).
22. M. Keidar, A. Shashurin, G. Teel, D. Chiu, J. Lukas, S. Haque and L. Brieda "Electric propulsion for small satellites" Plasma Phys. Control. Fusion 57, 014005 (2015).
23. A. Shashurin, D. Scott, T. Zhuang, J. Canady, I.I. Beilis and Michael Keidar "Electric discharge during electrosurgery" Sci. Reports 4, 9946 (2015).
24. X. Fang, A. Shashurin and Michael Keidar "Role of substrate temperature at graphene synthesis in an arc discharge" J.Appl. Phys. 118, 103304 (2015).
25. M. Keidar, A. Shashurin, S. Delaire, X. Fang and I.I. Beilis "Inverse heat flux in double layer thermal metamaterial" J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 48, 485104 (2015).
26. X. Fang, J. Donahue, A. Shashurin, M. Keidar "Plasma-Based Graphene Functionalization in Glow Discharge" Graphene 4, 1 (2015).