Online MSCE Curriculum
30 credit hours are required to complete the online MSCE.
- Must include at least 15 credit hours of CE graduate level courses (500000 level and above)
Must include 6 credit hours of applied math and/or statistics courses from approved list :
- MA 51100: Linear Algebra with Applications
- MA 52700: Adv Math for Engineers and Physicists I
- MA 52800: Adv Math for Engineers and Physicists II
- STAT 51200: Applied Regression Analysis
- STAT 51400: Design of Experiments
- STAT 51700: Statistical Inference
- Up to 9 credit hours of technical electives. These can be additional CE graduate-level courses or graduate-level courses from outside CE, for example: ME, ECE, etc., as approved by the student's advisor.
The program enables you to choose classes from a wide variety of topics in Civil Engineering, including these interdisciplinary tracks:
Within these tracks, learners will be exposed to concepts in environmental engineering, hydraulic/hydrologic engineering, structural engineering, geotechnical engineering, construction engineering, transportation engineering, geomatics engineering, architectural engineering and materials engineering.
Plan of Study
You will create a plan of study (POS) that lists the courses you plan to take and their timing.
Grade & GPA Requirements
- You must complete all courses on your POS with a grade of no less than a C−.
No grades of D or F are allowed on your POS.
- Any plan of study course with a grade of D or F must be repeated. You cannot drop them from your POS.
- You must have a POS GPA of 3.0 to successfully complete the MSCE.
- Graduate-level transfer courses are not included in your GPA calculation. Six graduate-level credits can be transferred into the online program.
Time to Degree Completion
- Most students will complete the online MSCE in 2-5 years. However, you have up to 6 years to complete your degree.
If you do not enroll in three consecutive semesters (approximately 1 calendar year), you will become inactive and must reapply to Purdue.
- No minimum number of credit hours per semester is required for the online MSCE.