As a new student, you'll receive an information packet from the Graduate School that explains broad Purdue policies, and you'll be invited to an orientation session in the School of Engineering Education, in addition to general Graduate School orientation sessions (on topics such as TA training, harassment, safety, diversity, academic integrity, and programs for international students) and other events on campus (e.g., student organization callouts).
International students: Refer to the International Student and Scholars website for orientation sessions and other important information for new international students. In addition, our current graduate students are a great resource for learning the area and local customs. Some of our graduate students come from India, Iran, Taiwan and Turkey as well as many other countries.
All students: Plan to arrive on campus before the Monday of orientation week. Orientation activities will be scheduled throughout that week. If you have questions regarding your funding or the types of classes that you will be taking, contact the advisor listed on your offer letter. Direct any other questions to the Graduate Coordinator.
About ENE and Purdue
- See links at right under "Exploring ENE"
- Registering for courses: See Newly Admitted Students
- ENE PhD@Purdue [Facebook]
- American Society for Engineering Education, Purdue Chapter
- Graduate Committee
- Student organizations
Traveling to Purdue
- Lafayette Limo - runs between Indianapolis airport and Purdue
- Express Air Coach - runs between Chicago O'Hare airport and Purdue
- Star America - runs between Indianapolis airport and Purdue
Community Link/Campus Resources
- (West) Lafayette Visitors Guide (hotels, dining, transportation, relocation and community events)
- Lafayette Online News & Events
- Tippecanoe County, Indiana
- Local Newspaper - Lafayette Journal & Courier
- Purdue Black Cultural Center
- Purdue Latino Cultural Center
- Purdue Student Activities & Organizations
- Purdue LGBTQ Center
Finding a place to live
Purdue University offers a list of housing opportunities here.
- Distinctive Rental Properties of Lafayette
- On-Campus Housing
- West Lafayette Rental Information
- Facebook (listed in the Marketplace section)