Thank you for your interest in the School of Aeronautics and Astronautics graduate program.
The application can be completed on-line at the following site: https://gradapply.purdue.edu/register/info.
Other information such as links to admission, financial aid and the graduate bulletin can be obtained at http://www.purdue.edu/GradSchool. Descriptions of courses and other department information are available at the following website: http://engineering.purdue.edu/AAE/.
- Please note that a GPA of 3.25 or equivalent is required for an MS admission
and 3.5 for PhD admission.
The necessary items to be submitted when applying are:
- Application form to Graduate School (via Graduate School web).
- Statement of Purpose† (online)
- Official Transcripts (international students need original language and English translations). We will review files with unofficial transcripts but will need official ones if admitted.
- Three letters of recommendation† (online)
- Official GRE* (general test) and TOEFL scores (international only).
Minimum GRE scores for all students are: Verbal — 156, Quantitative — 159, and Analytical — 4.0. TOEFL can not be more than two years old and must have a score of 550 or above (written)
or 213 or above (computer based). For the new iBT TOEFL the minimum scores are:
Writing 18, Speaking 18, Listening 14, Reading 19, Total 77.
Send scores to Purdue — institute code 1631 and department code 1601
- One page resume† (online)
- AAE Form (can be sent as an email attachment to Linda Flack (firstname.lastname@example.org))
*Note that the GRE is not required for Purdue AAE grads and students with 3 years of relevant professional experience.
†If submitted online, you do not have to submit a hard copy.
DEADLINES: For full consideration for financial aid all materials need to be received by January 15 (for Summer/Fall) and September 15 (for Spring)
Immigration related deadlines for us to forward international applications to the Graduate School
are as follows:
|Fall Semester:||July 15 if outside the U.S.||July 15 if within the U.S.|
|Spring Semester:||November 15 if outside the U.S.||December 1 if within the U.S.|
|Summer Session:||April 15 if outside the U.S.||May 1 if within the U.S.|
The deadline for forwarding all other applications to the Graduate School is one week before classes start for that session.
If these deadlines are not met you will not be admitted for the session you requested but will be considered for the following semester. These are strict deadlines set by the Graduate School.
You can send your official transcripts to:
Linda Flack, Administrative Assistant
School of Aeronautics & Astronautics
701 W. Stadium Avenue - Armstrong Hall
West Lafayette, IN. 47907-2045
Electronic transcripts need to be sent to email@example.com (US citizens only)