Phone: +1 765 49-61271
Associate Professor of Radiological Health Sciences, College of Health and Human Sciences/with Courtesy Appointment in Nuclear Engineering
- Ph.D., Health Physics, Purdue University, 2007
- M.S., Nuclear Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2002
- B.S., Biology and Chemistry, University of Tampa, 1995
- Occupational and public radiation exposure from nuclear power
- Nuclear power reactor and environmental health physics
- Nuclear security, nonproliferation and safeguards
- Radiation detection and instrumentation for reactor and accelerator applications
- KYNE, D. and HARRIS, J. A Longitudinal Study of human Exposure to Potential Nuclear Power Plant Risk. Int J Disaster Risk Sci, December 2015, Volume 6, Issue 4, pp 399-414.
- Hawkley, G., Whicker J., and J. Harris. Observations on Using Inside Air Concentrations as a Predictor of Outside Air Concentrations. Health Phys. 108(4): 465-468; 2015.
- Rane, S., Harris, J., and V. Starovoitova. 47Ca production for 47Ca/47Sc generator system using electron linacs. Appl. Radiat. Isot. 2015 Mar; 97:188-92.
- Warren, GA, KK Anderson, JA Kulisek, Y Danon, A Weltz, A Gavron, JT Harris, and T Stewart. 2013. "Lead Slowing Down Spectrometry Analysis of Data from Measurements on Nuclear Fuel." Nuclear Science and Technology, Volume 179, No. 3. March 2015, Pg 264-273.
- Troy Unruh, Benjamin Chase, Joy Rempe, David Nigg, George Imel, Jason Harris, Todd Sherman, Jean-Francois Villard, "In-core Flux Sensor Evaluations at the ATR Critical Facility," Nuclear Technology, MS NTECH-S-13-00170, Volume 187, No. 3. September 2014, Pg 308-315.
- Harris, J. Information Security of Nuclear Systems. Advances in Systems Science. Proceedings of the International Conference on Systems Science 2013 (ICSS 2013). Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, Vol. 240. Swiatek, J.; Grzech, A.; Swiatek, P.; Tomczak, J.M. (Eds.) 2014, XVI, 807 p. 273 illus.
- MacMillan, W., Brey, R., and Harris, J. Particle Size Characterization Of Aerosols Generated During Surface Contaminated Concrete Demolition. Health Phys. 104(5): S83-S86; 2013.
- Khalaf, M., Brey, R., Harris, J., Derryberry, D., and G. Tabatadze. Monte Carlo Simulation of In-vivo Measurement of the Most Suitable Knee Position for the Optimal Measurement of Activity. Health Phys. 104(4): 405-412; 2013.
- Harris, J. T. Radiological Releases and Environmental Monitoring at Commercial Nuclear Power Plants, in Nuclear Power - Operation, Safety and Environment. Textbook. ISBN: 978-953-307-185-5. Book Chapter. InTech - Open Access Publisher, Croatia, 2012