What are my options if I am admitted to the Graduate School for Fall 2020 but am unable to join due to COVID-related impacts? (Updated May 5)

Newly admitted international graduate students admitted for Fall 2020 may ask to defer their admission to Spring 2021, Summer 2021, or Fall 2021 for any reason. To defer to a later semester requires that a new application to be submitted. Admitted international graduate students who wish to defer their admission to a later semester must request that, in writing, to their departments. If approved by the department, the student’s request must be forwarded to the Office of Graduate Admissions so that the deferral may be processed and a new I-20 may be issued. Admitted international graduate students who know that they need to defer their graduate study may submit that anytime through November 15 (earlier is encouraged) in order to start in Spring 2021.

You also have an option to get started in Fall 2020 without delay by enrolling into the online Nuclear Engineering graduate courses.  For detailed information, please contacted nuclss@purdue.edu

COVID Policy Adjustment: The Graduate School will consider an extension beyond three semesters — if the department requests — on a case-by-case, basis for US citizens, permanent residents, and international students. International students must work with the Office of International Students and Scholars to regain status when they are able to resume their graduate programs.