177 South Russell Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2099 USA
Ph.: +1 765-494-2132 ; Fax: +1 765-494-0787
All visitors should come to the 2nd floor in the HLAB Building to check in (HLAB 2021 or 2025). HLAB is on Russell Street (address above). HLAB's main entrance faces south towards the green space and the National Soil Erosion Laboratory Building (SOIL). See campus map for more details.
Parking is closely monitored around campus. There are three options for visitors:
- Grant Street Garage (15-minute walk) is Purdue's designated visitor parking garage, charging by the hour (maximum $10/day). Address: 120 N. Grant St., West Lafayette, IN
- Harrison Street Garage (5-minute walk) is open 24/7, permit or pay-by-the-hour. Herrick visitors can take ticket when entering, but need a special permit to exit, which you may pick up in Herrick Labs' main office. Address: 719 Clinic Dr., West Lafayette, IN
- Metered parking: there are a few hourly parking meters on Jischke Dr. and Russell St., but they fill up fast. Full Parking Map
Indianapolis International Airport (IND) is one hour south of Purdue. Ground transportation options from Indianapolis:
Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD) is 2.5 hours north of Purdue. Remember that Chicago (Central time zone) is one hour earlier than Purdue (Eastern time zone). Ground transportation options from Chicago:
- Union Club Hotel: 765-494-8913. On campus, right next to the Stewart Center. PLEASE NOTE: The Union Club Hotel will be closed for renovations starting in June 2019. Please call first to confirm long-term availability!
- Hampton Inn and Suites: 765-269-8000
- Hilton Garden Inn: 765-743-2100
- Holiday Inn Lafayette-City Centre: 888-465-4329
- Campus Inn: 765-743-9661
- For a complete list of accommodations in Lafayette/West Lafayette, as well as fun things to see and do, visit the Convention and Visitor Bureau.
Other Transportation Options
Amtrak trains connect Lafayette (LAF) and Chicago Union Station (CHI) daily, and four times a week to Indianapolis (and onward to Washington and New York). Check Amtrak's website for schedules and fares.
Apply for your travel visa for entry into the United States as soon as possible. Entry requirements into the United States have tightened considerably, so if you require a letter of invitation in order to attend conferences at Purdue, please notify us as soon as possible. We will send you a signed letter in an e-mail attachment that you can provide to the nearest US consulate or embassy in your country. We do not contact consulates, embassies or the State Department. We cannot over-emphasize the need to allow several months for this process. Click here for more information about US visas. Your Purdue contact is Brian Barrett, Conference Coordinator: +1 765-494-6078 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, if you are an international visitor, student, or faculty member, you are required to complete an ESTA Approval Form before entering the United States.
Herrick Labs • 177 S. Russell St., West Lafayette, IN 47907 • (765) 494-2132 • email@example.com