PhD Alumni Group Photo taken at the 2022 ASEE Annual Conference in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Careers and Recent Graduates
A PhD in engineering education opens the door to a range of career opportunities, from academia to nonprofit work to industry. Possibilities include:
- faculty member in engineering
- faculty member in engineering education or STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) education
- position with university teaching and learning center
- higher-education liaison to industry (philanthropy, recruitment, development, etc.)
- P-12 educator or administrator
- trainer or human resource manager in industry or nonprofit organization
- informal engineering educator in a nonprofit setting (e.g., museum, science center)
- consultant or entrepreneur
Graduating its first doctoral student in 2006, the School of Engineering Education has a growing set of alumni who are active in defining and expanding the discipline. Check out our complete list of alumni for more details.
You might also find our IMPACT Report, published on March 15, 2019, also helpful. This preliminary report is an 18-month project, collecting and disseminating data to show the worldwide impact of the Purdue School of Engineering Education.