Professor of Civil Engineering and Environmental and Ecological Engineering
Personal Web Sitehttp://engineering.purdue.edu/~jafvert/
- Ph.D., Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Iowa, 1985
- M.S., Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Iowa, 1982
- B.S., Biochemistry, Iowa State University, 1979
Dr. Jafvert's research areas include chemical speciation and distribution in engineered and natural systems, environmental photochemistry, environmental monitoring and assessment, environmental chemistry of surfactants, sediment remediation and risk assessment, and chlorine chemistry. His current research project topics include manufactured carbon nanomaterials in the aquatic environment, photochemical and fungal transformations of carbon nanotubes in the environment, and coal tar contaminated sediments.
- Zhao, Yingcan, Chad T. Jafvert, “Environmental Photochemistry of Single Layered Graphene Oxide in Water”, Environmental Science: Nano, DOI: 10.1039/C4EN00209A, 2:136-142, 2015.
Article was featured on the cover page of the journal, including the cover page artwork.
- Hsieh, Hsin-Se, Chad T. Jafvert, “Reactive Oxygen Species Generation and Dispersant-Dependent Electron Transfer through Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes in Water”, Carbon, 89:361-371, 2015.
- Zhu, Tengyi, Chad T. Jafvert, Dafang Fu, Yue Hu, “A Novel Method for Measuring Polymer-Water Partition Coefficients of Hydrophobic Organic Compounds”, Chemosphere, DOI: 10.1016/j.chemosphere.2014.12.040, corrected proofs available online, Jan, 2015.