Professor of Civil Engineering and Environmental and Ecological Engineering
Personal Web Sitehttp://engineering.purdue.edu/~jafvert/
- Ph.D., Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Iowa, 1985
- M.S., Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Iowa, 1982
- B.S., Biochemistry, Iowa State University, 1979
Dr. Jafvert's research areas include: chemical distribution and speciation in engineered and natural systems; environmental photochemistry; environmental monitoring and assessment; fate of nanomaterials in the environment; sediment remediation; and chlorine chemistry.
- Zhao, Yingcan, Chad T. Jafvert, “Environmental Photochemistry of Single Layered Graphene Oxide in Water”, Environmental Science: Nano, DOI: 10.1039/C4EN00209A, 2:136-142, 2015.
Article was featured on the cover page of the journal, including the cover page artwork.
- Hsieh, Hsin-Se, Chad T. Jafvert, “Reactive Oxygen Species Generation and Dispersant-Dependent Electron Transfer through Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes in Water”, Carbon, 89:361-371, 2015.
- Zhu, Tengyi, Chad T. Jafvert, Dafang Fu, Yue Hu, “A Novel Method for Measuring Polymer-Water Partition Coefficients of Hydrophobic Organic Compounds”, Chemosphere, DOI: 10.1016/j.chemosphere.2014.12.040, corrected proofs available online, Jan, 2015.
Awards and Honors
- SEEE Award for Instructional Excellence, 2017
- AEESP Outstanding Publication Award, 2017
- Purdue University Teaching Academy Fellow, 2017