Head of Agricultural and Biological Engineering; Professor of Agricultural and Biological Engineering and Environmental and Ecological Engineering
Personal Web Sitehttp://engineering.purdue.edu/~engelb/
- Ph.D., Purdue University
- M.S., University of Illinois
- B.S., University of Illinois
Dr. Engel has been a leader in the national effort to integrate GIS and information technologies with watershed modeling. As a result of his research he has designed powerful user-friendly modeling tools that reduce complex information into a model that can be used for evaluating research hypothesis or making design decisions. The tools he has invented have shaped a new approach to water quality modeling, enabling "basin-level" water quality modeling.
- Engel, B., Indrajeet Chaubey, Mark Thomas, Dharmendra Saraswat, Patrick Murphy, Budhendra Bhaduri. 2010. Biofuels and Water Quality: Challenges and Opportunities for Simulation Modeling. Biofuels 1(3):463-477.
- Kim , J., B. A. Engel, Y. S. Park, L. Theller, I. Chaubey, D.S.Kong, K. J. Lim. 2012. Development of Web-based Load Duration Curve system for analysis of total maximum daily load and water quality characteristics in a waterbody. Journal of Environmental Management 97 (2012) 46-55.
- Ahiablame, L., Engel, B., Chaubey, I. (2012). Effectiveness of Low Impact Development Practices: Highlights of the Current Knowledge and Suggestions for Future Research. Water, Air, & Soil Pollution. DOI 10.1007/s11270-012-1189-2.