Assistant Professor of Civil Engineering and Environmental and Ecological Engineering
Personal Web Sitehttp://www.WheltonGroup.org
- Postdoc., Polymeric Materials
National Institute for Standards and Technology, 2011
- Postdoc., Environmental Nanotechnology
Virginia Tech, 2010
- Ph.D., Civil Engineering
Virginia Tech, 2009
- M.S., Environmental Engineering
Virginia Tech, 2001
- B.S., Civil Engineering
Virginia Tech, 2000
Dr. Whelton is passionate about conducting research to investigate and solve problems that affect our natural and built environments with an expertise in polymer science, analytical chemistry, food science, and nanoengineering.
- Whelton AJ, McMillan L, Connell M, Kelley KM, Gill JP, White KD, Gupta R, Dey R, Novy C. 2014. Residential Tap Water Contamination Following the Freedom Industries Chemical Spill: Perceptions, Water Quality, and Health Impacts. Environmental Science & Technology. DOI: 10.1021/es5040969
- Kelley K, Stenson S, Dey R, Whelton AJ. 2014. Release of Drinking Water Contaminants and Odor Impacts Caused by Green Building Cross-Linked Polyethylene (PEX) Plumbing Systems. Water Research. 67 (15), 19–32.
- Tabor M, Newman D, Whelton AJ. 2014. Stormwater Chemical Contamination Caused by Cured-In-Place Pipe (CIPP) Infrastructure Rehabilitation Activities. Environmental Science & Technology. 48 (18), 10938–10947.