Chemical Engineering Faculty Honored for External Funding Successes
Six faculty from the School of Chemical Engineering were recognized for their success in securing external funding for their research at this year’s Excellence in Research Awards Dinner on Oct. 31, 2016.
Professors Rakesh Agrawal, Carl Laird, Zoltan Nagy, Byron Pipes, Vilas Pol and Gintaras “Rex” Reklaitis, received Seed for Success Awards in recognition of their efforts in obtaining a $1 million dollar or more external sponsored award.
The specific projects recognized were:
- Maureen C. McCann; Rakesh Agrawal; Peter A. Bermel; J. Eric Deitz; Suresh V. Garimella; Hilkka I. Kenttämaa; Gozdem Kilaz; Vilas G. Pol; Timothée L. Pourpoint; Pankaj Sharma; Rodney W. Trice; Justin A. Weibel; Clifford J. Wojtalewicz; Dongyan Xu; Peide Ye; Jeffrey P. Youngblood; Xiangyu Zhang, from Office of Naval Research, Naval Enterprise Partnership Teaming with Universities for National Excellence Center for Power and Energy Research, $2,000,000
- R. Byron Pipes, from Indiana Economic Development Corporation, IACMI - Institute for Advanced Composites Manufacturing Innovation, $15,000,000
- R. Byron Pipes; Johnathan E. Goodsell; Ronald Sterkenburg; Alejandro H. Strachan; Wenbin Yu, from U.S. Department of Energy, IACMI - Institute for Advanced Composites Manufacturing Innovation, $4,110,687
- Gintaras V. Reklaitis; Zoltan Nagy; Lynne S. Taylor, from National Science Foundation, US-Ireland Partnership in Continuous Manufacturing, $5,444,630
- Gintaras V. Reklaitis; Marcial Gonzalez, Carl D. Laird; Zoltan Nagy, from Food and Drug Administration, Real Time Release in Continuous Solid Dose Manufacturing: Systematic Characterization of Material Properties, and Optimal Design of Sensing and Control Methods, $1,266,600
- R. Graham Cooks; Eric L. Barker; Ananth Y. Grama; Zoltan Nagy; David H. Thompson, from Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, Analytic-Directed Multi-scale Synthesis System, $8,263,198
More information is available at: http://www.purdue.edu/research/awards/research-awards.php