Professor of Civil Engineering and Director of the North Central Superpave Center (NCSC)
School of Civil Engineering
550 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2051
Ph.D., Purdue University, 1987
M.S.C.E., University of Texas at Austin, 1985
M.S.C.E., Cracow Technical University, 1976
Concrete material and technology, high performance concrete, supplementary cementitious materials, mixture optimization, durability of construction materials and structures, life-cycle modelings, Superpave technology, tire-pavement noise mitigation.
- Santhanam, M., Cohen, M. D. and Olek, J. (2006), "Differentiating Seawater and Groundwater Sulfate Attack in Portland Cement Mortars", Cement and Concrete Research, Vol. 36, No. 12, pp. 2132-2137.
- Neithalath, N., Weiss, W. J. and Olek, J. (2006), "Characterizing Enhanced Porosity Concrete using Electrical Impedance to Predict Electrical and Hydraulic Performance", Cement and Concrete Research, 36(11), pp. 2074-2085.
- Yang, Z., Weiss, W. J. and Olek, J. (2006), "Water Transport in Concrete Damaged by Tensile Loading and Freeze-Thaw Cycling", ASCE Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, 18(3), pp. 424-434.
- Peethamparan, S., Olek, J. and Helfrich, K. E. (2006), "Evaluation of the Engineering Properties of Cement Kiln Dust (CKD) Modified Kaolinite Clay", Proceedings, the Twenty-First International Conference on Solid Waste Technology and Management, March 26-29, Philadelphia, Widener University, PA, pp. 997-1006.
- Qi, C., Weiss, W. J., Wang, H. and Olek, J. (2006), "Quantifying the Impact of Plastic Shrinkage Cracking in the Corrosion of Reinforced Concrete to Improve Service Life Prediction", Proceedings of the 6th ISCC and CANMET ACI International Symposium on Concrete Technology for Sustainable Development, September 19-22, Xi'an China, pp. 1325-1335.
- Deshpande, Y. S. and Olek, J. (2006), "Development of Rapid-Setting Self-Consolidating Concrete Using Small Size Aggregate", Proceedings of the 2nd International RILEM Symposium on Advances in Concrete through Science and Engineering, Sept. 11-13, Quebec, Canada.
For complete list in PDF form . . .