College of Agriculture Celebration of Teaching Excellence
|Author:||Dr. John Lumkes|
|Event Date:||September 17, 2019|
|Hosted By:||College of Agriculture
|Location:||PFEN 241 and Leopold's Landing
|Contact Name:||John Lumkes
|School or Program:||Agricultural and Biological Engineering
This year will feature a slightly different format, including our own College of Agriculture students participating on a panel covering, “Students perspectives on improving the educational experience in the College of Agriculture”. Tom Hertel and Liz Flaherty, in recognition of their outstanding accomplishments in graduate and undergraduate education will share their insights at 8:30am, and 10:50am, respectively. And, posters will be on display in Leopold’s Landing during the event to be showcased during the two 20-minute breaks between events.
Please come and celebrate the accomplishments of your colleagues, enjoy some refreshments, talk with poster presenters, network, and hear from and discuss with students what excellence in education might look like.
Hope to see you all there!
Schedule of Events
- 8:30 – 9:20 Thomas Hertel – Outstanding Graduate Teacher-Mentor Lecture
- 9:20 – 9:40 Break (Posters, Snacks, Networking)
- 9:40 – 10:30 Student Panel (Student Perspectives on CoA Education)
- 10:30 – 10:50 Break (Posters, Snacks, Networking)
- 10:50 – 11:40 Liz Flaherty – Kohls Outstanding Undergraduate Teacher Lecture
*Posters will be on display 8:30am-11:00am
Assistant Dean & Associate Director, Office of Academic Programs
Professor of Agricultural and Biological Engineering