- Rocket Engines
- Airbreathing Engines
Useful Propulsion Data
- 1-D Isentropic Flow
- Normal Shocks
- Fanno Flow
- Rayleigh Flow
- Rocket Thrust Coefficient Tables
- U.S. Standard Atmosphere
- Specific Heat Data for Common Gases
- NASA Thermochemistry Code - Sample Input Files
- Heats of Formation and Chemical Composition
- Constant Pressure Equilibrium Constants (Kp Data)
Cool Video Clips
Test Firing (2.2 MB) at Allegany Ballistics Laboratory, Alliant Techsystems, Inc.
- Gas exit velocity : 7000 ft/sec.
- Max horsepower: 70,000 HP. (It is almost same horsepower generated by 80 Indy cars! (Maximum horsepower of a typical Indy car : 800 HP ~ 900 HP) )
- Shuttle Launch (SSME) (1.2 MB)
- Shuttle Launch (SRB) (1.2 MB)
Test Firing of Separation Motor (Orbital Science) (5.6 MB)
- 2000 frames/second Hi-Speed Video
- January 15, 2001
- Chemical Propulsion Information Agency (CPIA) - "Clearinghouse for information, data, and analysis on chemical, electrical, and nuclear propulsion for missile, space, and gun propulsion systems."
- NIST Chemistry Webbook – A search engine for chemistry information.
- Periodic Table of the Elements - from MIT
- The Wired Chemist
- Andrew’s Space and Technology Page – Launch vehicle information and current launch events.
- Beginner's Guide to Propulsion - Great information about all aspects of propulsion.
- ePower-Propulsion - "Resource for power and propulsion engineering."
- Mark Wade’s Encyclopedia Astronautica – An awesome compendium of lots of rocket/engine/propellant data.
- NASA SP-125: Design of Liquid Rocket Engines - The bible for the design of liquid rocket engines.
- University of Southern California's (USC) Spacecraft and Rockets - Information about astronautics and spacecraft design.
- Advanced Micro Turbines - "Designs and manufactures small gas turbines for the propulsion of radio-controlled flying aircraft, experimental aircraft development, and military target and surveillance drones."
- Boeing - Homepage
- General Kinetics - Homepage
- General Dynamics - Homepage
- Lockheed Martin - Homepage
- Northrop Grumman - Homepage
- Rolls-Royce - Homepage
- Snecma Moteurs – Large aircraft and rocket engines.
- Turbine Technologies - "Manufacturer of educational laboratory products."
- Apogee Rockets - General information about and products for model rocketry.
- Rocketry for Educators - Provide useful information about using model rockets in classrooms.
- Hitchikers Guide to Model Rocketry - Information about building your own model rockets.
- Rocketry Top 50 – List of rocket sites for hobbyists.
- Rocket Workbench Project - "Open source software tools for the design of experimental rockets" and online books.
- California Radio Control Jet Association - "Dedicated to keeping and promoting the flying of ducted fan and turbine R.C. aircraft."
- Heavens Above – Find your coordinates or where objects are in space.
- X-Prize - Competition to jumpstart the space tourism industry.
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) - "The principal society of the aerospace engineer and scientist."
- NASA - Homepage
- NASA Marshall Spaceflight Center: Space Transportation - In charge of the Space Launch Initiative.
- NASA Technical Reports Server - Search engine of NASA's scientific and technical information.