VIP will be offering selct teams in Summer 2020. Click here and filter to identify Summer 2020 teams as well as teams working on COVID-19 response.
Develop Technical and Organizational Leadership and Other Professional Skills in VIP
VIP provides the time and context for you to gain deeper insights into your field of study, to learn and practice professional skills, to make substantial contributions to real-world projects, and to become proficient in different roles on teams. In VIP, you will learn to integrate and apply knowledge from your coursework and have the opportunity to develop critical professional skills, including oral and written communication, technical coordination, project management, independent learning, leadership, and information literacy.
The long-term nature of VIP creates an inclusive environment of mentorship, with faculty and graduate students guiding teams, experienced students mentoring new students and moving into leadership roles as others graduate. Although registration for multiple semesters is not required (except for Learning Community and Senior Design Students), you will gain the most from VIP if you participate for multiple semesters and/or years.
Each team is structured uniquely to fit the individual projects, and thus have different expectations related to goal of the team and prior knowledge and skills. Check out the teams link to find the team(s) that align with your interests.
Course numbers, CRN codes, and instructions on how to register can be found here.
Course Documents and other info:
- Current students: Please see Brightspace for more course information
- Summer 2020 Course Syllabus (PDF)
- Purdue Undergraduate Research Conference Information
- Mid Semester Performance Evaluation Form (DOCX)
- End Semester Performance Evaluation Form (DOCX)
- For PD credit other than lectures we provide this semester, please fill out this form (DOC).
- See Spring 2020 Intro Slides (PDF)
- Senior Design Project Documents: