The Vertically Integrated Projects (VIP) Program provides an opportunity for undergraduate students to earn academic credit while engaging in authentic and extended research and design projects related to active research areas of Purdue faculty members and national, international, and industry-sponsored design challenges. Students can participate on interdisciplinary and vertically-integrated teams (first-year through seniors) with faculty and graduate student mentors for multiple semesters to address these real-world research and design challenges.
Learn more about VIP:
- See the intro slides (PDF) from the Spring 2020 semester.
- Check us out on Facebook: www.facebook.com/purduevip
Spring 2020 Registration:
Effective Spring 2020, the courses in the VIP program will be only offered under their permanent ENGR course numbers:
- ENGR 17912: First year participation in VIP for 2nd semester FYE VIP LC students
- ENGR 17920: First year participation in VIP (primarily Data Mine LC students)
- ENGR 27920: Sophomore participation in VIP
- ENGR 37920: Junior participation in VIP
- ENGR 47920: Senior participation in VIP
- ENGR 47921: 1st semester Senior Design participation in VIP
ENGR 47922: 2nd semester Senior Design participation in VIP
- ECE Senior Design students: The ENGR numbers have been approved by the ECE Curriculum committee to replace ECE 47900 for senior design.
- In Honors? We plan to offer Honors Contract options this Spring for those who have prior participation in VIP. Email Prof. Carla Zoltowski (cbz at purdue dot edu) for more info.
Interested in mentoring a new VIP team?
- Please complete this document and send to Prof. Carla Zoltowski (cbz at purdue dot edu) and/or contact Carla for more info.
Course Documents and other info:
- Spring 2020 Course Syllabus (with updated Professional Development schedule) (PDF)
- Purdue Undergraduate Research Conference Information
- Mid Semester Performance Evaluation Form (DOCX)
- End Semester Performance Evaluation Form (DOCX)
- For PD credit other than lectures we provide this semester, please fill out this form (DOC).
Senior Design Project Documents:
- Senior Design Reflection Outcomes Rubric (DOCX).
- VIP Senior Design Project Proposal (DOCX)
- VIP Senior Design Project Description (DOCX)
- Each team is structured uniquely to fit the individual projects. Check out the teams link.
- Course numbers and CRN codes can be found here.
VIP Purdue Leadership Team:
- Dr. Carla Zoltowski, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Director (email@example.com)
- Dr. Jan P. Allebach, Electrical and Computer Engineering (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr. Yung-Hsiang Lu, Electrical and Computer Engineering (email@example.com)
- Dr. Nichole Ramirez, Vertically Integrated Projects, Assistant Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
(L to R) Dr. Carla Zoltowski, Dr. Jan Allebach, Dr. Yung-Hsiang Lu
Dr. Nichole Ramirez