Spring 2020 Registration:
Effective Spring 2020, the courses in the VIP program will be only offered under their permanent ENGR course numbers:
- ENGR 17912: First year participation in VIP for 2nd semester FYE VIP LC students
- ENGR 17920: First year participation in VIP (primarily Data Mine LC students)
- ENGR 27920: Sophomore participation in VIP
- ENGR 37920: Junior participation in VIP
- ENGR 47920: Senior participation in VIP
- ENGR 47921: 1st semester Senior Design participation in VIP
ENGR 47922: 2nd semester Senior Design participation in VIP
- ECE Senior Design students: The ENGR numbers have been approved by the ECE Curriculum committee to replace ECE 47900 for senior design.
- In Honors? We plan to offer Honors Contract options this Spring for those who have prior participation in VIP. Email Prof. Carla Zoltowski (cbz at purdue dot edu) for more info.
Other Registration Info:
- Register for VIP on myPurdue
- Click the Teams tab to learn more about each team.
- Each registered student is expected to participate in 10 Professional Development (PD) activities during the semester. The course-wide lecture meets more weeks, and each week counts as one "PD credit", so you should plan to attend the lecture, although there are other opportunities to earn credits, so you do not have to be there every week.
- Each team will meet weekly, in addition to the course-wide lecture. Some teams have an established meeting time as shown in myPurdue, and others will schedule the meeting based on member availability.
- A table of the CRNs for the Spring 2020 teams can be found here.
MyPurdue Registration Walkthrough
In myPurdue, go to Registration > Add or Drop Classes. Do not use Scheduling Assistant.
Using ENGR 27920 as an example, this is how you find out the CRN for the lecture and the specific VIP team you are interested in joining. The process for ENGR 37920 and ENGR 47920 are similar. If, for example, you are interested in the 'Data Analytics for Smart Cities' as a sophomore, you would enroll in CRN 17370 for the team.
Each team has different CRNs for the sophomore, junior, and senior level courses, but the teams are linked (cross-listed). The team limit includes all of the cross-listed CRNS. In order to see how many spaces are available on the team, click the team CRN indicated by the arrow above.
Please note that although 4 of 5 spaces have been taken for the 27920 level course, overall the team has 4 of 8 spaces taken, so please make sure to view this detailed information to see if there is space remaining on a team for which you wish to register.