James E Braun
Herrick Professor of Engineering and Professor of Environmental and Ecological Engineering
Personal Web Sitehttps://engineering.purdue.edu/~jbraun/
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of Wisconsin, 1988
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Wisconsin, 1980
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Massachusetts, 1976
Dr. Braun's research combines the use of computer modeling, optimization, and experiments to study and improve the performance of thermal systems. His application focus areas include optimal control of building systems, automated diagnostics applied to cooling and heating equipment, and development and assessment of novel technologies for energy conversion, including heating, cooling, and power producing equipment.
- Li, H. and Braun, J.E. Decoupling Features and Virtual Sensors for Diagnosis of Faults in Vapor Compression Air Conditioners, International Journal of Refrigeration, Vol. 30, No. 3, Pages 546-564, 2007.
- Braun, J.E., A Near-Optimal Control Strategy for Cool Storage Systems with Dynamic Electric Rates, HVAC&R Research, Vol. 13, No. 4, Pages 557-580, 2007.
- Mathison, M., Braun, J., Groll, E., Performance Limit for Economized Cycles with Continuous Refrigerant Injection,??International Journal of Refrigeration, Vol. 34, No. 1, Pages 234-242, 2011.