Zhi (George) Zhou
Associate Professor of Civil Engineering and Environmental and Ecological Engineering
Personal Web Sitehttp://environbiotechnology.com/
- Ph.D., Environmental Science in Civil Engineering, Water Quality Microbiology
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2007
- M.S., Environmental Biology
Nanjing University, 2002
- B.S., Environmental Biology
Nanjing University, 1999
Dr. Zhou's research focuses on environmental microbiology and the application of biotechnologies in engineering systems. His recent projects include development of molecular microbiology techniques to evaluate antibiotic resistant bacteria in natural and urban environments, production of cost-effective biofuels, nanomaterials for water purification, and indirect and direct potable reuse.
- Goyal, N.; Widiastuti, H.; Karimi, I. A.; Zhou, Z., A genome-scale metabolic model of Methanococcus maripaludis S2 for CO2 capture and conversion to methane. Molecular bioSystems 2014, 10, (5), 1043-1054.
- Nagarajan, S.; Chou, S. K.; Cao, S.; Wu, C.; Zhou, Z., An updated comprehensive techno-economic analysis of algae biodiesel. Bioresource technology 2013, 145, 150-156.
- Zhou, Z.; Raskin, L.; Zilles, J. L., Effects of Swine Manure on Macrolide, Lincosamide, and Streptogramin B Antimicrobial Resistance in Soils. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 2010, 76, (7), 2218-2224.
Awards and Honors
- Outstanding Engineering Graduate Student Mentor, 2018 - 2019