INSTRUCTIONS FOR FIRST YEAR ENGINEERING STUDENTS FILLING OUT AN ABE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Filling out the University Scholarship Application will make you eligible for College of Agriculture AND ABE Scholarships. (The College of Engineering does not use this system.) The good news for Engineering Students – is that the College of Agriculture recognizes ABE students as Ag students so you are eligible for College of Agriculture Scholarships.
There is a small glitch in the system. Because you are coded as a First Year Engineering (FYE) student, you will not receive the ABE application questions. In order for you to see the correct set of questions you will need to:(We apologize as this is a little complicated.)
- One business day before you plan to fill out the application send an email to Mark Chen - firstname.lastname@example.org letting Mark know that you are coded as an FYE but would like to fill out the ABE application. Copy Dan Taylor (email@example.com) on that note, so he will know you are applying and can watch for your application. There is also a set of questions (available here: Worksheet) to help you prepare for the scholarship application. My recommendation is to review these questions prior to contacting Mark.
- Mark will change your code to ABE for 1 day and email you back when the code has been changed. (This change will only impact the way that the scholarship application views your status. It will not impact anything else. The College of Engineering is not currently using this application, so this will not be an impact to your Engineering scholarships either.)
- You then will log onto this site: this "Scholarship Application"
- You can select either the “College of Agriculture” or the “College of Agriculture Biological Engineering” (Both have the same questions and go to the same place.)
- At the next page select Purdue University DFA Scholarship Application Log-In
- Before the end of that day, you need to fill out the application and submit.
Some Helpful Hints:
- Here is a Worksheet which will allow you to view and print out the questions in advance. (You can do this at any time - you don't need to wait for Mark to change your code.)
- Type out your essay responses in a Word document in advance. You can cut and paste your responses into the application.
- Save your application as you complete it. Make sure you periodically save your application, hit the SAVE button at the bottom of each page, otherwise, after 60 minutes, the system will log you out and you will lose all your data.
- You will receive a confirmation page after your scholarship application has been successfully submitted.
Let Dan Taylor know if you have questions or problems.