Smart Water Use for Smart Cities
- Dr. Ting Liu, Environmental and Ecological Engineering
Water is centrally important to sustainability: it supports human societal needs and the natural environment, and powers the growth of economic sectors, geographic regions, and cities. Data science should be harnessed to better understand how much and where water is consumed. The team’s main activities will be developing methods to quantify and model industrial water consumption at fine spatial and industry-sector resolution, visualize the results with geographic information systems, and interpret the impacts of water consumption on the urban environment.
- Spatial data analysis and visualization
- Water resources engineering
- Optimization and statistical analysis
- Proficiency with programming in Python, experience with ArcGIS or similar programs.
- Preferred: experience with building engineering statistical models
Spring 2021: TBA