Bio-Inspired Digital Twins
Bio-inspired digital twins (BioTwins) - The team will continue previous work on bio-inspired designs of the morpho butterfly and snake skin to update functional designs, manufacture, and test bio-inspired structures.
- Ajay Malshe
- Salil Bapat
Build on the previous work and knowledge on snake skin and morpho butterflies design architecture
Validate the digitized designs through modeling and testing. Specific goals and activities include:
- Use Multiphysics modeling (intended tool – Dassault 3DEXPERIENCE suite) for model validation and customizing graded functions.
- Manufacture and test the functionality of graded digital designs
Complete the analysis for a project report to be submitted as a manuscript to undergraduate research journal (JPUR)
- Bio-inspired design
- Multiphysics modeling
- Engineering design; Ethics;
- High school senior level fundamentals of physics, chemistry, biology, and math.
- Ability to learn, implement new skills and collaborate with others to ensure continued progress.
Fall 2021 - TBD