The activity crew is the life blood of Space Day. They directly help the activity heads prepare the activities for the kids and interact with the kids throughout the event.
The kids love college students, and you never know who you will inspire just by volunteering.
Activity Crew Job Description
- Assist the Activity Head in running the activity as requested and needed
- Attend meetings with the Activity Head and other crew to go over the activity
- Participate in the Dry Run
- Engage the activity participants to ensure each child has a good experience
- Look for any child that may be struggling with the activity or being left out and engage them
- Help clean up at the end of each session
Clean up the activity area at the end of the day and assist in the return of supplies to the storage closet
- A good rule of thumb is to leave the area in better condition than you found it
- Attend the Wrap Party at the end of the day to get your group photo with the VIP astronaut
- Complete the crew evaluation via Qualtrics once it is sent out
- HAVE FUN!!!