Why Choose a Professional Master's in Industrial Engineering?
- Increased Employment Opportunities: A professional master’s degree is specifically for students planning to work in industry. The program provides students with the technical skills they would acquire in a traditional master’s program, but also develops skills needed in industry, such as leadership and management skills, oral and written communications, teamwork, and defining and managing projects.
- Increased Earning Potential. Our alumni self-report that Purdue Industrial Engineering Master’s graduates earn 15% or more than their peers with a Bachelor’s degree.
Alumni perspective: The Value of IE
Why Choose Purdue?
- Field Defining Innovation & Research: The School of Industrial Engineering has been defining the field and educating future leaders in industrial engineering for 65 years. The graduate program is ranked in the top 10 and the IE on-line degree program is ranked #1 in the nation. Our researchers perform field-defining research that is regarded worldwide for its impact and quality.
- Excellence at Scale: As one of the top 10 engineering graduate programs in the nation, Purdue's College of Engineering is one of the largest and strongest programs in the nation with 13 different schools and departments.
- Affordable Tuition: Tuition for our program is considerably cost effective compared to other programs.
- Low Cost of Living: The cost of living in the Greater Lafayette-West Lafayette area is one of the lowest in the nation, with housing rent ranging from 23% to 179% less expensive than competing university cities (numbeo.com).
Senior Graduate Program Administrator
Office: Grissom Hall (GRIS) Room 189
Office Phone: +1 765-494-0680