Thank you for your interest in graduate studies at Purdue University! The following checklist will assist you in completing your application with The Graduate School for the Master of Engineering Management program.
Create an application account with Purdue University’s Graduate School.
Complete the following sections of the application:
- Personal Background
- Emergency Contact
Campus and Program
- Select a Campus: Select “West Lafayette (Main Campus)”
- Select Your Proposed Graduate Major (PWL): Select “Engineering Management”
Area of Interest: Select from the following two options:
- Professional Masters - Engineering Management and Professional Practice (2-year option)
- Professional Masters - Engineering Management (1-year option)
Degree Objective: Select from the following two options:
- MS in Engineering (M.S.E.) - For students with an ABET accredited engineering bachelor degree, or international equivalent)
- Master of Science (M.S.) - For students with non-engineering STEM bachelor degrees such as computer science, mathematics, technology, or physics)
- Area of Interest: Select from the following two options:
- Education Background
- Additional Information
- Academic Statement of Purpose
- Personal History Statement
- Graduate Record Examination - GRE (Required – application code 1631)
- GRE requirement waived for Purdue students and alumni. GRE optional for students and graduates of U.S. institutions.
- Resume Upload
- Letters of Recommendation
International applicants pay the nonrefundable application fee by credit card. Application fee is waived for domestic and permanent resident applicants.
Upload an official transcript to the online application for every institution of higher education attended, regardless of whether or not a degree was completed. Carefully review The Graduate School requirements for official transcripts and contact the Master of Engineering Management Graduate Program Coordinator at email@example.com with any questions.
If you do not have an ABET-accredited engineering degree (international degrees will be considered equivalent) you will need to provide proof of your successfully completed math courses of Calculus I & II, and either differential equations or linear algebra. You must provide a course list (number and title) and a description, or syllabus, to support the application.
Three letters of recommendation are required for applicants. Online recommendation providers will receive an email notification with instructions for accessing the recommendation system during the application process once you enter their names in the application. For recommendation providers who prefer to submit directly via email, they may email recommendations to Karen Hull (firstname.lastname@example.org).
International applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit proof of English proficiency. The Graduate School accepts the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores for admission. Note: If you have not already done so, request that ETS send your scores electronically to the Purdue University - West Lafayette campus using code 1631. No department code is needed.
The Graduate School will routinely waive the English proficiency requirement for applicants who have received a degree from a school where English is the primary language of instruction in one of the recognized English speaking countries within the last 36 months at the time of recommendation for admission.
You may check the status of your submitted application by logging into your online application. The graduate program to which you applied updates your application status. If you have additional questions regarding your application status, you should contact the graduate program directly.
For any application questions, please email:
Master of Engineering Management
Graduate Program Coordinator