10th Women in Chemical Engineering Symposium
|Event Date:||April 14, 2018|
|Hosted By:||Purdue Chemical Engineering
|Time:||10 am - 2:30 pm
|Location:||Forney Hall of Chemical Engineering Purdue University
|Contact Name:||Gabriela Nagy
|School or Program:||Chemical Engineering
The event begins with registration and breakfast at 9:00 am. The program starts at 10.00 am. Through the day, the following activities will be offered:
- Opening Lecture by Purdue ChE alumna Marjorie Hong, Global Business Director - Environmental Catalysts & Systems at CRI/Criterion, Shell
- Workshops: Civility and Emotional Resilience in Polarized Times or Communication Styles
- Luncheon and Informal Networking
- What Do You Want From Me? - Advice From A Manager's Perspective
- What Do I Do Now? - How To Launch Your Career
- Do You Believe In Life After Work? - An Honest Conversation About Work/Life Balance
The event will conclude with two optional activities from 2.30 to 3.30 pm, informal networking and/or Forney Hall tours. All Purdue ChE alumni and current ChE students are invited to attend. Please click here by March 25, 2018 to RSVP and register for one of the workshops.
Travel grants are available through the Pipeline Center.
The vision of the Purdue ChE Pipeline Center is for all women in chemical engineering to shape and reach their full potential. To reach this goal, the Purdue ChE Pipeline Center announces a new travel awards program for recent Purdue ChE alumni to attend the 10th Women in Chemical Engineering Symposium. Five grants of up to $500 each will be given as reimbursement of travel expenses to attend the event (airfare, lodging, mileage). To be eligible, applicants must be graduates from the Purdue Davidson School of Chemical Engineering, with a BSChE, MSChE or PhD ChE obtained in or after 2013.
As part of your application, you will need to upload a pdf resume and explain briefly why you want to attend the event and how you expect it will benefit your career. To apply, please click here. Application will be accepted until Monday, March 19, 2018, and the awardees will be informed by Friday, March 23, 2018, via email.