Associate Professor of Civil Engineering
School of Civil Engineering
550 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2051
HAMP 4123 / BOWN 1025
Ph.D., Lehigh University, 2001
M.S., University of Oklahoma, 1996
B.S., Indian Institute of Technology, 1994
Seismic and Fire Behavior, Analysis, and Design of Steel-concrete composite structures. Repair and retrofit of deterioration and damaged infrastructure.
- Kowalkowski, K.* and Varma, A. H. (2006) "Structural Properties of Steels Subjected to Multiple Cycles of Damage Followed by Heating Repair," Journal of Structural Engineering, tentatively accepted for publication, ASCE.
- Prabhu, M., Varma, A. H.*, Buch, N., and Thandavesvara, D. (2006) "Experimental Evaluation of Dowel Misalignment on Joint Pullout Behavior," Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, recommended for publication, TRB, Washington, D.C.
- Kowalkowski, K. and Varma, A. H. (2005) "Experimental Investigations of the Effects of Multiple Damage-Heat Straightening Repair Cycles on the Structural Properties of Bridge Steels." Transportation Research Board, recommended for publication, TRB, Washington, D.C.
- Varma, A. H., Sause, R., Ricles, J.M., and Qinggang, L. (2005) "Development and Validation of Fiber Models for High Strength Sqwuare CFT Beam-Columns." ACI Structural Journal, American Concrete Institute, 102, 1, 73-85, Farmington Hills, MI.
- Varma, A. H., Ricles, J.M., Sause, R., and Ream, A. (2004) "Seismic Behavior and Design of High Strength Square Concrete Filled Steel Tube Beam-Columns," Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, 130, 2, 169-179.
- Varma, A.H. , Ricles, J.M., Sause, R., and Lu, L.W. (2002). "Seismic Behavior and Modeling of High Strength Composite Concrete Filled Steel Tube Beam-Columns," Journal of Constructional Steel Research, Elsevier Applied Science, Volume 58, Issue 5-8, pp. 725-758.
For complete list . . .