Professor of Civil Engineering
Lyles School of Civil Engineering
550 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2051
Ph.D., University of California at Berkeley, 1993
M.S., University of California at Berkeley, 1990
B.S., Universidade Federal do Rio Grande Do Sul, 1986
Foundation engineering, geotechnical analysis, soil dynamics, earthquake geotechnical engineering.
- Murthy, T. G., Loukidis, D., Carraro, J.A.H., Prezzi, M. and Salgado, R. (2006), "Undrained Monotonic Response of Clean and Silty Sands", Geotechnique, in press.
- Salgado, R. and Prezzi, M. (2006), "Computation of Cavity Expansion Pressure and Cone Resistance in Sand", International Journal of Geomechanics, ASCE, in press.
- Foye, K., Scott, B. and Salgado, R. (2006), "Resistance Factors for Use in Shallow Foundation LRFD", Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, ASCE, 132(9), 1208-1218.
- Foye, K., Scott, B. and Salgado, R. (2006), "Assessment of Variable Uncertainties for Reliability-Based Design of Foundations", Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, ASCE, 132(9), 1197-1207.
- Lee, J. H., Salgado, R. and Kim, S. I. (2005). "Normalized Bearing Capacity of Footings using State-Dependent Finite Element Analysis." Computers and Geotechnics, 32(7), 445-457.
- Lee, J. H. and Salgado, R. (2005). "Estimation of Footing Bearing Capacity in Sands based on CPT." Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, ASCE, 131(4), 442-452.