COVID-19 updates for new graduate students
For the most up-to-date information on the COVID-19 situation, please refer to the following resources:
- Purdue COVID-19 information
- Purdue COVID-19 Call Center: 765-496-INFO (765-496-4636)
General Information for Incoming Students
Now that you have decided to attend our program, there are some things that we would like to make your aware of. There are many resources available to you, so please, feel free to explore the information below, the website, or to contact one of the faculty or staff members directly.
I have a question…who do I talk with?
- If you have a question regarding your funding or the types of classes that you will be taking, please contact the advisor listed on your acceptance letter from the Graduate School.
- Check our Frequently Asked Questions page for assistance
- Any other questions should be directed to the CE grad office at email@example.com.
Travel to Purdue and Campus/Community Information
Shuttle to/from Purdue
Community Links/Campus Resources
- City Bus
- (West) Lafayette Visitors Guide (hotels, dining, transportation, relocation and community events)
- Lafayette Online News & Events
- Tippecanoe County, Indiana
- Local Newspaper – Lafayette Journal & Courier
- Purdue Black Cultural Center
- Purdue Latino Cultural Center
- Purdue Student Activities & Organizations
- Parking information
- All incoming students should plan to arrive on campus by Monday of orientation week. Orientation activities will be scheduled throughout that week.
- CEGSAC New Student Manual
- Insurance Information
Purdue University offers a list of housing opportunities:
Other housing links:
- Distinctive Rental Properties of Lafayette
- Facebook (listed in the Marketplace section)
- General fellowship information can be found at purdue.edu/CE/Funding
I have been offered a fellowship, what do I do now?
- The initial advisor listed in your fellowship offer letter will contact you within 5 days of mailing the offer letter. Please discuss with them any alternate plans that you may have and any questions.
- When you decide to accept the offer, please submit the signed second page of the letter by email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax (to 765-494-0395).
- If you have been offered an assistantship and would like to know your rights and responsibilities, they can be found in the Graduate Student Employment Manual.
If you have not been offered an assistantship and would like to be considered for one, there are several options available to you.
- Review the faculty members' websites. If you find that a faculty member's research interests closely match your own, you are encouraged to contact that professor.
- Other colleges at Purdue University also offer assistantships to students that have been accepted to Civil Engineering. Therefore, you are encouraged to review the following school's websites for additional assistantship opportunities outside of Civil Engineering
- You may set up your Purdue Career Account before you arrive on campus. Your PUID is found on page two of your admission letter from the graduate school.
During orientation week, you will have an area meeting with your advisor to determine the courses that you will be taking.
- Schedule of Classes on MyPurdue (link to course catalog on main page)