Form 23 Schedule Revision Request
Completion Tasks and Responsibilities
Item 1: Please use only your Purdue student ID (not SSN)
Item 2: Complete name as it appears on student ID
Item 3: Circle appropriate semester
Item 4: Enter the year (for example: 2016)
Item 5: Enter “Engineering”
Item 6: Enter “CIVL”
Item 7: Circle “Grad”
Drop/Add/Modify Request Section:
In this section, list all courses that you intend to enroll in. If an override is required for a Civil course, please list the registration error that you received (for example: instructor permission, pre-req) in the line for that course. If an override is required for a course other than Civil, please have the appropriate person sign for the override permission, again, noting the registration error.
Most courses may be added independently by the student on myPurdue provided there is space available.
• Most areas have a seminar (CE 69100) that you should register for.
• All incoming Graduate students should register for the CE 69100 Graduate Student Orientation during their first semester.
Research hours (CE 69800 or CE 69900) and special projects (CE 49700, 59700 or 69700) must be entered by the CE Grad Office because they require an override.
• If the student is pursuing an MS, they will register for CE 69800 (research credit). The exact number of credits students register for will vary depending upon faculty expectations in research for the upcoming semester. MS thesis students must have a minimum of 9 hours of research.
• If the student is pursuing a PhD, they will register for CE 69900 (research credit). The exact number of credits students register each semester for will vary depending upon faculty expectations in research for the semester. PhD students may count up to 30 credits from an MS toward their required 90 credits. Civil Engineering requires that PhD students have a minimum of 42 hours of research to graduate.
• Be sure to choose the correct section of the research course – you will have to search the list for the section with your advisor as instructor and use that CRN.
For Students who intend to graduate you must register for the appropriate candidate course:
Regular candidacy: CAND 99100
Student must be registered for at least one credit of coursework or research with this type of candidacy.
Exam Only: CAND 99300
Register for this type of candidacy if student expects to complete their final examination and the graduate advisory committee expects to submit a positive report on their final examination early in the semester. Exact dates when this must be complete are provided at https://www.purdue.edu/gradschool/about/calendar/index.html
Degree Only: CAND 99200
Register for this type of candidacy if final examination has been completed but thesis has not been submitted (or was not submitted by the previous semester deadline). Exact dates when this must be complete are provided at https://www.purdue.edu/gradschool/about/calendar/index.html.
Drop and adds are also initiated by the student via myPurdue. Drop/Add deadlines can be found at: http://www.purdue.edu/registrar/calendars/index.html
Please note that thesis option students must be registered for research hours in the semester they plan to graduate.
If you are currently registered for a course and are making a change to the number of credits or grade type, use the “M” – modify designation. Only use the “A” – add designation if you are not already registered for the course.
Both faculty advisor and student must sign. Faculty advisor should provide the registration PIN to the student. If the advisor is not able to access the PIN, bring the form to the Civil main office (HAMP 1141) and we will give you the PIN.
Once the form is completed and the student has registered for all courses not requiring an override, please bring the white copy of the form 23 to the CE Grad Office. If overrides are needed, they will then be entered.