Awards & Honors
General (Dr. Kaushik Roy)
- Edward G. Tiedemann Jr. Distingusihed Professor of ECE
- Fellow, IEEE.
- Humboldt Research Award, 2010
- IEEE Circuits and Systems Society Technical Achievement Award, 2011
- Distinguished Alunus Award, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, 2011
- Fulbright-Nehru Distinguished Chair
- Purdue University Faculty Scholar
- Semiconductor Research Corporation Technical Excellence Award, 2005
- Purdue University College of Engineering Research Award, 2008
- Research Visionary Board Member, Motorola Labs, 2002.
- IBM Faculty Partnership Award, 2001
- ATT/Lucent Foundation award, 1997.
- NSF CAREER development award, 1995.
Best paper awards:
- 2013 IEEE Transactions on VLSI Systems Vest paper Award for paper titled, "Design Paradigm for Robust Spin-Torque Transfer Magnetic RAM (STT MRAM) From Circuit/Architecture Perspective "
- 2012 IEEE Symposium on Low-Power Electronics and Design best paper award for paper titled, "TapeCache: High Density, Energy Effcient Cache Based on Domain Wall Memory"
- 2006 IEEE Transactions on VLSI Systems Best Paper Award for paper titled, "A Process-Tolerant Cache Architecture for Improved Yield in Nanoscale Technologies."
- 2006 ACM/IEEE International Symposium on Low Power Electronics and Design (ISLPED) Best Paper Award for paper titled, "Analysis of Super Cut-off Transistors for Ultralow Power Digital Logic Circuits."
- Low Power Design Contest Award (with C. Kim and J. Kim) for "A Low-Power Embedded SRAM Cache with PVT-Aware Leakage Reduction and Improved Stability in ISLPED 2005."
- 2005 IEEE Circuits and Systems Society Outstanding Young Author Award (Chris Kim) for paper titled, "Ultra-Low Power DLMS Adaptive Filter for Hearing Aid Applications" in IEEE Trans. on VLSI Systems.
- "A Novel Low-Power Scan Design Technique Using Supply Gating," IEEE International Conference on Computer Design, 2004.
- "Defect Oriented Testing of Analog Circuits Using Wavelet Analysis of Dynamic Current", Best paper award, 4th IEEE Latin American Test Workshop, 2003.
- "Circuit-Compatible Modeling of Carbon Nanotube FETs in the Ballistic Limit of Performance," Best Student Paper Award, IEEE NANO, 2003.
- "On Effective IDDQ Testing of Low-Voltage CMOS Circuits Using Leakage Control Techniques," Best paper award, IEEE International Sympoisum on Quality of IC Design, 2000.
- "Intrinsic leakage in low-power deep sub micron CMOS ICs" , Honorable Mention Paper Award, International Test Conference, 1997.
Best paper nominations:
- IEEE International Conference on Computer-Aided Design 2007, "Estimation of Statistical Variation in Temporal NBTI Degradation and its Impact in Lifetime Circuit Performance.
- Design Automation Conference, 2007, "Characterization and Estimation of Circuit Reliability Degradation under NBTI using On-Line IDDQ Measurement"
- Arijit Raychowdhruy received Dimitris N. Chorafas Foundation Award for Outstanding PhD Thesis for the year 2007
- Nilanjan Banerjee received 2007-2008 Intel Fellwoship award
- Nilanjan Banerjee received 2007 Ford Foundation scholarship