The School of Engineering Education (ENE) envisions a more inclusive socially connected and scholarly engineering education. This implies that we radically rethink the boundaries of engineering and the purpose of engineering education.
Our mission to transform engineering education based on scholarship and research rests on three pillars: Re-imagining engineering and engineering education, creating field-shaping knowledge, and empowering agents of change.
The behaviors we value are:
- being collegial, cooperative and mutually supportive;
- acting with integrity and respect and building trust;
- balancing work with other commitments;
- being socially conscious in what we do and how we do it;
- thinking strategically and striving for excellence;
- being accountable.
Our goals are:
- Empower our people – Empower all members of the School (students; professional, administrative, and clerical staff; recruiters; advisors; and faculty) to contribute to the success of our integrated, multifaceted mission while achieving their individual professional goals.
- Set the pace – Offer a full suite of undergraduate and graduate programs that set the global standard in engineering education grounded in and contributing to cutting-edge scholarship and research.
- Tackle the big (research) questions – Create a world-renowned interdisciplinary research concentration at Purdue that addresses the big questions and challenges facing STEM education, with particular emphasis on engineering.
- Grow the community – Identify and build strategic global partnerships and collaborations to elevate our research capabilities and those of the wider engineering education community, while simultaneously facilitating the sharing of experiences across the global community of engineering education scholars.