Associate Professor of Civil Engineering and Academic Director for Research Computing
School of Civil Engineering
550 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2051
HAMP 4118 / BOWN 1046
PhD, Purdue University, 2002
MSCE, Purdue University, 1997
BSCE, National University of Colombia, 1996
Earthquake engineering, seismic vulnerability of existing structures, displacement-based seismic design, instrumentation and testing of structures, response of structures to impulsive loads, structural-health monitoring, repair and strengthening of structures
Selected Research Projects
- 10/09 - 4/10, National Earthquake Hazard Reduction Program (NEHRP), Collapse Potential of Reinforced Concrete Structures, PI.
- 8/09 - 8/14, NEES Comm (Director: J. A. Ramirez, CE), Network for Earthquake Engineering Research, w/ PI: J. Ramirez, Co-PI: Barbara Fossum, Rudolf Eigenmann, Tom Hacker, Saurabh Bagchi, Sean Brophy.
- 8/09 - 5/10, Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute (CRSI), The Use of High-Strength Steel in Columns, PI.
- 01/09 - 12/09, NSF, Toward Understanding the Effects of the Wenchuan Megaquake of 12 May 2008; Guangzhou, People's Republic of China; February 2009, w/ Sozen.
- 09/07 - 12/07, XL Insurance, Test of a Ninety-Ft Post-Tensioned Reinforced Concrete Girder; Evaluation of the Strength of Post-Tensioned Reinforced Concrete Girders Designed by Thornton-Tomasetti Engineers for the Indianapolis Marion County Public Library, PI
- 08/06 - 06/07, Wausau Insurance, An Investigation on the Collapse of the Tropicana Casino Load Tests”, PI.
- 06/06-05/07, Purdue Research Foundation, “A Study on High-Speed Impact”, PI.