Associate Professor of Civil Engineering and Construction Engineering and Management
Lyles School of Civil Engineering
550 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2051
Ph.D., Concordia University, 2008
M.A.Sc., Concordia University, 2002
B.Sc., National Kapodistrian University of Athens, 2000
- Energy efficient & mixed-mode buildings, innovative energy & comfort delivery systems.
- Solar technology integration in building design & operation.
- Smart buildings, intelligent building operation, system identification, model predictive control.
- Wind effects on buildings and their environment, airflow modeling.
Selected Research Projects
- CPS: Synergy: Plug-and-play cyber-physical systems to enable intelligent buildings, 01/2014-12/2016, funding source: National Science Foundation.
- Integration of humans and their environment in building design and operation including advanced technologies, 2013-2015, funding source: Alcoa Foundation/Architecture for Humanity.
- Energy Efficient Buildings Hub, 02/2011-01/2014, funding source: US Department of Energy.
- A model-based framework for integration of smart operating strategies in the design of net zero energy building, 08/2013-08/2016, funding source: American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) - New Investigator Award.
- Development of model predictive controls for high performance buildings with mixed-mode low-energy cooling systems, 2010-2013, funding source: Purdue Research Foundation, Kawneer North America.
- Modeling of photovoltaic-thermal systems with transpired solar collectors integrated in building operation simulation, 2010-2012, funding source: Purdue Research Foundation.