Associate Professor of Civil Engineering and Construction Engineering and Management
Lyles School of Civil Engineering
550 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2051
Ph.D., Concordia University, 2008
M.A.Sc., Concordia University, 2002
B.Sc., National Kapodistrian University of Athens, 2000
- Energy efficient & mixed-mode buildings, innovative energy & comfort delivery systems.
- Solar technology integration in building design & operation.
- Smart buildings, intelligent building operation, system identification, model predictive control.
- Wind effects on buildings and their environment, airflow modeling.
Honors and Awards
- Roy E. & Myrna G. Wansik Research Excellence Award, School of Civil Engineering, 2014.
- New Investigator Award, American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), 2013.
- University Faculty Award, Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada, 2008.
- Best paper award, 1st International Conference on Passive and Low-Energy Cooling (PALENC), 2005.
- University Research Network Award, Natural Resources Canada, 2003.
- Chorafas Foundation Award, PhD dissertation: "Modeling of photovoltaic-thermal systems with transpired solar collectors integrated in building operation simulation", 2014 (presented to S. Li, Purdue University).
- Best student paper award, 3rd High Performance Buildings Conference at Purdue, 2014 (presented to A. Sadeghi, Purdue University).
- Best student paper award, 2nd High Performance Buildings Conference at Purdue, 2012 (presented to J. Hu, Purdue University).
- International Building Performance Association Student Travel Award, 2013 (presented to J. Hu, Purdue University).
- Best student paper award, Annual General Conference of the Canadian Society of Civil Engineers, 2009 (presented to S. Stenabaugh, University of Western Ontario).