Charles Pankow Professor in Civil Engineering
Lyles School of Civil Engineering
550 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2051
Office: HAMP G235
Phone: (765) 494-5030
Personal Web Site
Foundation engineering, geotechnical analysis, soil dynamics, earthquake geotechnical engineering.
Ph.D., University of California at Berkeley, 1993
M.S., University of California at Berkeley, 1990
B.S., Universidade Federal do Rio Grande Do Sul, 1986
Honors & Awards
Shamsher Prakash Research Award, 2005.
Invited Participant, NAE Frontiers of Engineering Program, 2005.
ASCE Walter L. Huber
Civil Engineering Research Prize, 2004.
Gledden Senior Fellowship, University of Western Australia, 2000.
ASCE Arthur Casagrande Research Award.
- Murthy, T. G., Loukidis, D., Carraro, J.A.H., Prezzi, M. and Salgado, R. (2006), "Undrained Monotonic Response of Clean and Silty Sands", Geotechnique, in press.
- Salgado, R. and Prezzi, M. (2006), "Computation of Cavity Expansion Pressure and Cone Resistance in Sand", International Journal of Geomechanics, ASCE, in press.
- Foye, K., Scott, B. and Salgado, R. (2006), "Resistance Factors for Use in Shallow Foundation LRFD", Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, ASCE, 132(9), 1208-1218.
- Foye, K., Scott, B. and Salgado, R. (2006), "Assessment of Variable Uncertainties for Reliability-Based Design of Foundations", Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, ASCE, 132(9), 1197-1207.
- Lee, J. H., Salgado, R. and Kim, S. I. (2005). "Normalized Bearing Capacity of Footings using State-Dependent Finite Element Analysis." Computers and Geotechnics, 32(7), 445-457.
- Lee, J. H. and Salgado, R. (2005). "Estimation of Footing Bearing Capacity in Sands based on CPT." Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, ASCE, 131(4), 442-452.