Professor of Civil Engineering
Lyles School of Civil Engineering
550 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2051
Office: HAMP G245
Phone: (765) 494-5034
Personal Web Site
Foundation Engineering, Ground Engineering, Recyclable Materials, Soil Behavior and Durability of Materials.
Ph.D., University of California, Berkeley, 1995
M.S., University of California Berkeley, 1995
M.Eng., UFRGS, Brazil, 1990
B.S., UFRGS, Brazil, 1986
Honors & Awards
DFI Young Professor Paper Award: "Overview of construction and design of auger cast-in-place and drilled displacement piles", 30th Annual Conference on Deep Foundations, Chicago, IL, September 2005.
Carlson-Polivka Award 1993 and 1995.
- Kim, B. and Prezzi, M. (2007), "Evaluation of the Mechanical Properties of Ash", Waste Management, in press.
- Carraro, A. and Prezzi, M. (2007), "A New Slurry-Based Method of Preparation of Specimens of Sands Containing Fines", Geotechnical Testing Journal, in press.
- Murthy, T., Loukidis, D., Carraro, A., Prezzi, M. and Salgado, R. (2007), "Undrained Monotonic Response of Clean and Silty Sands", Geotechnique, in press.
- Salgado, R. and Prezzi, M. (2007),"Computation of Cavity Expansion Pressure and Penetration Resistance in Sands", ASCE International Journal of Geomechanics, in press.
- Lee, K., Prezzi, M. and Kim, N. (2007), "Subgrade Design Parameters from Samples Prepared with Different Compaction Methods", Journal of Transportation Engineering, ASCE, in press.
- Kim, B. and Prezzi, M. (2007), "Compaction Characteristics and Corrosivity of Fly and Bottom Ash Mixtures", Construction and Building Materials Journal, in press.