Professor of Civil Engineering and Environmental and Ecological Engineering
School of Civil Engineering
550 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2051
Ph.D., University of Michigan, 1993
M.S.E., University of Michigan, 1989
B.S.C.E., Michigan State University, 1987
B.A., Michigan State University, 1982
Aerobic and anaerobic biotransformation for organic pollutants, microbially-mediated reductive dehalogenation, in-situ bioremediation, molecular techniques for assessing bioremediation.
- Tong, Z., M. Bischoff, L.F. Nies, B. Applegate, and R.F. Turco. 2007. Impact of Fullerene (C60) on a soil microbial community, Environmental Science and Technolog (Accepted).
- Rochon, G. L., L.F. Nies, C.T. Jafvert, JA. Stuart, R.H. Mohtar, J. Quansah, and A. Martin. 2006. Education in sustainable production in US universities, Clean Technol. Environ. Policy. 8:38-48.
- Ahn, M-Y., T.R. Filley, C.T. Jafvert, L. F. Nies, I. Hua, and J. Bezares-Cruz. 2006. Photodegradation of Decabromodiphenyl Ether Adsorbed onto Clay Minerals, Metal oxides and Sediment. Environmental Science and Technology. 40:215-220.
- Nyman, M.C., J. Harden, L. F. Nies, and E.R. Blatchley III. 2004. Biodegradation of 3,3-Dichlorobenzidine in Freshwater Sediments. Journal of Environmental Engineering and Science. 3:89-95.
- Mesarch, M., C.H. Nakatsu, and L. F. Nies. 2004. Bench-Scale and Field-Scale Evaluation of Catechol 2,3-Dioxygenase Specific Primers for Monitoring Bioremediation. Water Research. 38:1281-1288.
- Baldwin, B.R., C.H. Nakatsu, and L. F. Nies. 2003. Detection and Enumeration of Aromatic Oxygenase Genes by Multiplex and Real-time PCR. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 69:3350-3358.
For complete list in PDF form . . .