Professor of Civil Engineering and Director of Indiana Local Technical Assistance Program (IN LTAP)
Lyles School of Civil Engineering
550 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2051
Office: HAMP G227
Phone: (765) 496-3996
Personal Web Site
Ph.D., Auburn University, 1998
M.S.C.E., Purdue University, 1993
B.S., Purdue University 1987
Bituminous materials and mixture design, pavement design, non-destructive pavement testing, pavement materials including aggregates and soil, pavement management, pavement failure investigation.
Selected Research Projects
- Validation of Superpave Mixture Design and Analysis Procedures Using the NCAT Test Track, JTRP (1998-Present), PI
- Investigation of the Performance of Neat and Modified Asphalt Binders, JTRP (2001-Present), PI
- Frictional Resistance of Aggregates for Hot-Mix Asphalt Pavements, JTRP (2002-Present), PI
- HMA Pavement Performance and Durability, JTRP (2002-Present), PI
- Investigation of Coarse Aggregate Strength for Use in Stone Matrix Asphalt, JTRP (2004-2005), PI
- Validation of Performance-Related Test of Aggregates for Use in Hot-Mix Asphalt, NCHRP (2000-2005), Co-PI
- Frictional Resistance of Aggregates for Hot-Mix Asphalt Pavements, JTRP, (John E. Haddock, P.I.).
Honors & Awards
Asphalt Institute Scholarship on Asphalt Materials and Construction Technology, 1989.
Ward K. Parr/Association of Asphalt Paving Technologists Scholarship, 1994.
Runner Up, Walter J. Emmons Award for Best Paper, Association of Asphalt Paving Technologists, 1997.
- Vivar, E., and Haddock, J.E., (2007), "Hot-Mix Asphalt Permeability and Porosity", Journal of the Association of Asphalt Paving Technologists, in press.
- Fang, H., Hand, A.J., Haddock, J.E., and White, T.D., (2007), "An Object-Oriented Framework for Finite Element Pavement Analysis", Advanced in Engineering Software, in press.
- Kestler, M.A., Berg, R.L., and Haddock, J.E., (2005), "Can Spring Load Restrictions on Low-Volume Roads Be Shortened Without Increasing Road Damage?" Transportation Research Record, Journal of the Transportation Research Board, No. 1913, Transportation Research Board, National Research Council, pp. 126-136.
- Haddock, J.E., Hand, A.J., Fang, H., and White, T.D., (2005), "Determining Layer Contributions to Rutting by Surface Profile Analysis", Journal of Transportation Engineering, American Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 131 (2), pp. 131-139.
- Sivasubramaniam, S., Galal, K., Noureldin, A.S., White, T.D., and Haddock, J.E., (2004), "Laboratory,Proto-type, and In-Service Accelerated Pavement Testing to Model Permanent Deformation", Transportation Research Record, Journal of the Transportation Research Board, No. 1896, Transportation Research Board, National Research Council, pp. 189-198.
- Fang, H., Haddock, J.E., White, T.D., Hand, A.J., (2004), "On the Characterization of Flexible Pavements Rutting Using Creep Model Based Finite Element Analysis", Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, Vol. 41 (1), pp. 49-73.