Visiting Assistant Professor
Lyles School of Civil Engineering
550 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2051
- Feb. 2018 - Dec. 2021, Post-Doctoral Researcher, Lyles School of Civil Engineering, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN - Supervisor: Dr. Jan Olek
- May 2014, Ph.D., Civil Engineering (Transportation Materials), Department of Civil Engineering, Kansas State University (KSU), Manhattan, KS. Dissertation Title: Glass Cullet as a new Supplementary cementitious material (SCM).
- Mar. 2009, M.Sc., Highway & Transportation Engineering, Department of Civil Engineering, Iran University of Science and Technology (IUST), Tehran, Iran. Thesis Title: Comparison of Marshall and Dynamic Creep Test Results in Asphalt Mixture Design.
- Sep. 2006, B.Sc., Civil Engineering, Department of Civil Engineering, Iran University of Science and Technology (IUST), Tehran, Iran.
Honors & Awards
- 2014, Outstanding Reviewer of ASCE, Journal of Bridge Engineering
- 2013, Outstanding Ph.D. Student of the Year, Department of Civil Engineering at KSU
- 2013, Top Presenter award, KSU Graduate Poster Session: Research and the State
- 2013, The Best Graduate Poster award, KSU Open House Day
- 2005, Outstanding Bachelor Student award, IUST, Tehran, Iran
- M. Mirzahosseini, J. Jeon, J. Lee., J. Olek, and T. E. Nantung, "Predicting Fatigue Service Life Reductions (FSLR) of Asphalt Pavements Due to Deficiency in Design-Level Values of Effective Binder Content", Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering [Accepted for Publication - 2022].
- M. Mirzahosseini, J. Jeon, J. Lee., J. Olek, and T. E. Nantung, "Understanding Effect of Variations in Effective Binder Content at Design Stage on Fatigue Cracking Predictions of Pavement ME". [Under Review - 2021]
- M. Mirzahosseini, J. Lee., J. Olek, J. Jeon, and T. E. Nantung, "Analysis of the Effects of Deficiencies of Voids in Mineral Aggregate on Pavement Fatigue Performance using AASHTOWare Pavement ME Design and FlexPAVE", Materials Performance and Characterization, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 700-717, September 2021. [Part of Post-Doctoral Research]
- M. Mirzahosseini, P. Jiao, K. Barri., K.A. Riding, and A. Alavi, "New machine learning prediction models for compressive strength of concrete modified with glass cullet", Engineering Computations, Vol. 36, No. 3, pp. 876-898, April 2019. [Built off Doctoral Research]
- E. J. Gardoczi, K. A. Riding, and M.R. Mirzahosseini, "Particle Shape Effects on Particle Size Measurement for Crushed Waste Glass" Elsevier - Advanced Powder Technology, Vol. 28(2), pp. 648-657, February 2017. [Part of Doctoral Research]
- M.R. Mirzahosseini, K. A. Riding, "Influence of Different Particle Sizes On Reactivity of Finely Ground Glass as New Supplementary Cementitious Material (SCM)" Cement and Concrete Composite, Vol. 56, pp. 95-105, February 2015. [Part of Doctoral Research]
- M.R. Mirzahosseini, K. A. Riding, "Effect of Combined Glass Particles on Hydration in Cementitious Systems." ASCE - Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, Vol. 27(6), pp. 04014190-1 - 04014190-15, June 2015. [Part of Doctoral Research]
- M.R. Mirzahosseini, Y. M. Najjar, A.H. Alavi, and A.H. Gandomi, "The Next-Generation Models for Evaluation of Rutting Potential of Asphalt Mixtures" ASCE - International Journal of Geomechanics, Vol. 15(6), pp. 04015009-1 - 04015009-15, April 2015. [Part of Master's Research]
- M.R. Mirzahosseini, K. A. Riding, "Effect of Curing Temperature and Glass Type on the Pozzolanic Reactivity of Glass Powder" Cement and Concrete Research, Vol. 58, pp. 103-111, April 2014. [Part of Doctoral Research]
- M.R. Mirzahosseini, A.H. Alavi, A.H. Gandomi, "Permanent Deformation Analysis of Asphalt Mixtures Using Soft Computing Techniques" Expert Systems with Applications, Vol. 38(5), pp. 6081-6100, May 2011. [Part of Master's Research]
- A.H. Alavi, M. Ameri, A.H. Gandomi, M.R. Mirzahosseini, "Formulation of Flow Number of Asphalt Mixes Using Hybrid Computational Method" Construction and Building Materials, Vol. 25(3), pp. 1338-1355, March 2011. [Part of Master's Research]
- A.H. Gandomi, A.H. Alavi, M.R. Mirzahosseini, F. Moghaddas Nejad, "Nonlinear GeneticBased Model for Prediction of Flow Number of Asphalt Mixtures" ASCE - Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, Vol. 23(3), pp. 248-263, March 2011. [Part of Master's Research]
Selected conference presentations
- Mirzahosseini, M.R. "Sensitivity of Pavement ME Fatigue Cracking Predictions on Effective Binder Contents" AASHTO Pavement ME National Users Group Meeting, New Orleans, Louisiana, US, November 2019.
- Mirzahosseini, M.R. and Riding, K. "Study of the Feasibility of Using Combined Glass Particle Sizes and Types in Concrete as Partial Cement Replacement" ACI Spring Convention, Reno, Nevada, US, March 2014.
- Mirzahosseini, M.R. and Riding, K. "Finely Ground Glass in Concrete as a New Supplementary Cementitious Material (SCM)" 91st Engineering Open House: Empowering Students to Impact Our Future, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas, US, April 2013.
- Mirzahosseini, M.R. and Riding, K. "Glass Cullet as a new supplementary cementitious material (SCM); what are the effects of size distributions and types on glass reactivity?" ACI Spring Convention, Minneapolis, Minnesota, US, April 2013.
- Mirzahosseini, M.R., Najjar, Y. M., Alavi, A. H., and Gandomi, A. H. "ANN-Based Prediction Model for Rutting Propensity of Asphalt Mixtures" 92nd annual meeting of Transportation Research Board, National Research Council, Washington, D.C., US, January 2013.
- Mirzahosseini, M.R. and Riding, K. "The Effects of Temperature on Glass Hydration in Cementitious Systems" ACI Spring Convention, Dallas, Texas, US, March 2012.
- Mirzahosseini, M.R., Ameri, M., Moghaddasnejad, F., and Alavi, A.H. "Evaluation of Rutting Potential of Asphalt Mixtures Using Computational Intelligence Technique" 11th International Conference on Asphalt Pavements, Nagoya Japan, August 2010. (Published in Proceeding)
- Kyle A. Riding, Asad Esmaeily, and Mohammadreza Mirzahosseini, "Measurement of the Pore Size Distribution of Limestone Aggregates in Concrete Pavement Cores: Phase I" Kansas Department of Transportation (KDOT) Final Report, Rep. No. KS-12-1, April 2012.