Scholarships and Financial Aid
The Lyles School of Civil Engineering has many scholarships and awards available to students. There are many benefits to being awarded a Civil Engineering named scholarship, such as increased opportunity to network within the civil engineering community. Early each spring semester a single online application is made available for all students who will be enrolled as an undergraduate in the program the next academic term.
Electronic applications must be submitted in April each year.
Recipients are notified of their selection in late summer so that scholarship dollars can be applied to fees for the following fall and spring terms. Because most scholarships list specific requirements, completion of the online application provides further information to assist in evaluating candidates. Therefore, students are urged to make use of this application to enhance consideration for scholarships awarded through the School.
The School also receives information throughout the year on scholarships provided to civil engineering students by outside organizations. A list of these opportunities is maintained under the Scholarships link on the CE website. Various professional civil engineering organizations, companies and affiliations offer these scholarships. A separate application is required for each scholarship. The process and deadline to apply varies by individual scholarship. Applications can be obtained via the sponsoring organization website unless otherwise indicated.
- Scholarships within the School requiring a single application – These scholarships were established for the Lyles School of Civil Engineering by alumni and friends. The actual scholarship dollars are applied to fees for the following academic year. Students must apply to enhance consideration for these awards.
- Scholarship Application – Application opens early in the spring semester, with a due date in April of each year. All students who will be enrolled as an undergraduate pursuing the BSCE degree in the School of Civil Engineering for the upcoming Fall semester are welcome to apply for School scholarships. Complete online and submit electronically.
- Other Scholarship Opportunities. Various professional civil engineering organizations, companies and affiliations offer scholarships. A separate application is required for each scholarship. The process and deadline to apply varies by individual scholarship. Applications can be obtained via the sponsoring organization website unless otherwise indicated.
- Division of Financial Aid – View other scholarships and grants available to Purdue University students. Also, review the Paying for Purdue publication.
- FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) – Federal Student Aid plays a central and essential role in supporting postsecondary education by providing money for college to eligible students and families. Purdue's Division of Financial Aid offers details on the process. March 1 is the standard FAFSA priority filing date. File a FAFSA regardless of financial circumstances to create eligibility for low interest student loans.
|For more scholarship information contact:|
550 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907
Phone: (765) 494-2166
Fax: (765) 494-0395
Room: HAMP 1141
The Lyles School of Civil Engineering would like to thank our alumni and friends for their commitment to encourage, challenge and advance civil engineering students. The skills and experiences they gain here at Purdue will follow them throughout their lifetime and you make it happen.
For information on how you can start a scholarship or fellowship for Civil contact the Senior Director of Development, at (765) 494-2236.