CE faculty inducted into Purdue Innovator Hall of Fame
Three Lyles School of Civil Engineering faculty – Darcy Bullock, Lyles Family Professor of Civil Engineering and Director of the Joint Transportation Research Program; Rao Govindaraju, Bowen Engineering Head of Civil Engineering and Christopher B. and Susan S. Burke Professor of Civil Engineering; and Ayman Habib, Thomas A. Page Professor of Civil Engineering, Co-Director of the Civil Engineering Center for Applications of UAS for a Sustainable Environment (CE-CAUSE), and Associate Director of the Joint Transportation Research Program – have been inducted into the Purdue Innovators Hall of Fame.
The program was created in 2013 and now has honored 137 Purdue innovators. Criteria for induction into the Innovators Hall of Fame include:
- Filed patent(s) for innovation(s) through OTC.
- Discovered and developed a technology that is widely used to help the global society through licensing or partnering with a company.
- Founded or co-founded a successful company to commercialize an innovation.
- Been recognized by federal research support agencies as a national leader in research and development.
- Received local, state or federal funding to research and develop life-changing innovations.