Clifton L. Lovell Distinguished Professor of Chemical Engineering and Engineering Education
Mailing AddressesPURDUE UNIVERSITY
701 WEST STADIUM AVENUE
WEST LAFAYETTE, IN 47907-2045
Office: ARMS 1215
Phone: (765) 494-0814
B.S., Purdue University, 1966
Ph.D., Princeton University, 1970
M.S.Ed, Purdue University, 1982
Prof. Wankat's research interests were in improving engineering education and separation processes. He is retiring in May 2017 and is closing his research efforts.
Wankat, P. C., Separation Process Engineering. Includes Mass Transfer Analysis, 4th edition, Prentice-Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, August 2016, copyright date 2017.
Wankat, P.C. and Oreovicz, F.S., Teaching Engineering, 2nd Edition, Purdue University Press, West Lafayette, IN, 2015.
Williams, B. and P. C. Wankat, "Guest Editorial: The Global Interconnections of Engineering Education Research," J. Engr. Educ., 105 (4), 533-539 (2016)
Awards, Honors, Achievements, & Memberships
- Paper by Kenneth P. Brannan and P. C. Wankat, "Survey of First Year Programs," won the ASEE Freshman Program Division Best Paper Award, the Professional Interest Council III (PIC III) Best Paper Award and the Best Conference Paper Award at the ASEE Annual Conference, Portland, Oregon, June 13, 2005. The Best Conference Paper Award will be presented at the ASEE Annual Conference in Chicago, June 2006.
- Shreve Prize (best teacher) in ChE, 2005.
- School of Engineering Mentoring Award, Purdue, April 2005.
- Walter L. Robb Engineering Education Senior Fellow of the National Academy of Engineering, Jan. 1 - December, 31, 2004.
- Lifetime Achievement in Chemical Engineering Pedagogical Scholarship Award, Chemical Engineering Division, ASEE, 2004.